BorgBackup Plugin: How to specify BORG_RSH

• Hi OMV-community !

I want to use the borgbackup plugin but i do not arrive in specifying my SSH-Key and the SSH port.

On the command line the following works well:

Code
    export BORG_RSH='ssh -i /root/myborgkey.ED2551 -p 2228'
    borg info myuser@myhost.sld.tld:/mypath/borg/repo

But i do not find the way to tell the borgbackup plugin about the ssh key and port to use.

Can someone point me into the right direction?

Yours Gerd

• gerdw

Hat den Titel des Themas von „Borg Plugin: How to specify BORG_RSH“ zu „BorgBackup Plugin: How to specify BORG_RSH“ geändert.
    • Offizieller Beitrag

But i do not find the way to tell the borgbackup plugin about the ssh key and port to use.

Can someone point me into the right direction?

You can't. The plugin can't support every conceivable option. I'll have to think about how this could be added. Adding to the scheduled script would be easy but to support the functions in the web interface for the plugin would not be easy in a generic way without adding a field to the repo that most users wouldn't use.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Thanks for the info, so i can stop looking for it ;)

I don't mind continuing using borg from the commandline, no need to include an extra option for one user.

Yours, Gerd

• Offizieller Beitrag

Thanks for the info, so i can stop looking for it ;)

I don't mind continuing using borg from the commandline, no need to include an extra option for one user.

I'm looking into a way to allow you to add any borg environment variables by just adding them to /etc/default/openmediavault-borgbackup. It will just require a chance to core OMV which I am going to submit a pull request for. Then I can make a change to the plugin. It will take some time since Volker is on vacation.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• Offizieller Beitrag

Now that OMV 6.0.43 is released with my needed change, 6.3 is in the repo now. Add any environment variables you need to /etc/default/openmediavault-borgbackup.

• Offizieller Beitrag

6.4 is in the repo. All actions except creation of a repo will use the environment variables in the Environment Variables tab. Because a variable can't be created until a repo exists, creation of a repo will require the variables be placed in /etc/default/openmediavault-borgbackup

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!