Wake alarm VS autoshutdown

• Pretty short question.

Is there something the wake alarm plugin can that the autoshutdown plugin can not?

I do not like to install plugins i have to remove afterwards, to keep the system a little cleaner.

omv 6

Plugins - omvExtras | LVM2 | Compose plugin | SFTP | ...

System - x86 intel

• Offizieller Beitrag

Is there something the wake alarm plugin can that the autoshutdown plugin can not?

It can wake the system up. Autoshutdown can only shut the system down.

I do not like to install plugins i have to remove afterwards, to keep the system a little cleaner.

wakealarm's only dependencies are OMV itself and python3-croniter. Keeping it installed will cause no issues.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• There is a section in the autoshutdown plugin called "Wake Alarm" even with the following possibility "Set using 'Forced Uptime' begin time".

That is why I am a little confused.

Is there anything the wakealarm plugin can and the autoshutdown can not then?

Autoshutdown plugin UI.

omv 6

System - x86 intel

• Ok thanks for al the information!

I have installed the plugin to check it out.

Doesn't look really useful for me. I do not know why I need more than one wake up time.

But maybe in some specific case it is useful.

omv 6

System - x86 intel

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!