Cant update due to "does not have a Release file."

• sudo omv-release-upgrade > cmdoutput.txt is running since my last post - about 4 hours ago. I think it is stuck. Should I abort?

Maybe wait for ryecoaaron reply. He's one of the devs of the project so, might give you a better answer.

• Offizieller Beitrag

he omv-release-upgrade command is still running. Should I abort?

Don't know. i would have to see what is in cmdoutput.txt. I would've used:

sudo omv-release-upgrade | tee cmdoutput.txt

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

If I were to abort now, will I loose the omv installation?

No. Just run the script again.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• Thanks, ryecoaaron. I aborted the command and re-ran it. There was an unmet dependency error. The output is attached here.cmdoutput.txt

As suggested, when run the fix-broken install command, I get the following screen. I am using fail2ban from OMV-Extras. Any idea on how to proceed? Do I need to disable any plug-ins? List of plugins in use follows-

dpkg --list | grep openm

ii libopenmpt0:armhf 0.4.3-1+deb10u1 armhf module music library based on OpenMPT -- shared library

ii openmediavault 5.6.26-1 all openmediavault - The open network attached storage solution

ii openmediavault-anacron 5.0.3 all anacron plugin for OpenMediaVault.

ii openmediavault-apttool 3.6 all apt tool plugin for OpenMediaVault.

ii openmediavault-autoshutdown 5.1.21 all OpenMediaVault AutoShutdown Plugin

ii openmediavault-backup 5.2.4 all backup plugin for OpenMediaVault.

ii openmediavault-borgbackup 5.1.9 all borgbackup plugin for OpenMediaVault.

ii openmediavault-clamav 5.0.13-1 all openmediavault ClamAV plugin

ii openmediavault-fail2ban 5.0.5 all OpenMediaVault Fail2ban plugin

ii openmediavault-flashmemory 5.0.9 all folder2ram plugin for OpenMediaVault

ii openmediavault-keyring 1.0 all GnuPG archive keys of the OpenMediaVault archive

ii openmediavault-luksencryption 5.0.2 all OpenMediaVault LUKS encryption plugin

ii openmediavault-lvm2 5.0.3-1 all openmediavault Logical Volume Manager (LVM2) plugin

ii openmediavault-minidlna 5.0.5 all OpenMediaVault miniDLNA (DLNA server) plugin

ii openmediavault-omvextrasorg 5.6.6 all OMV-Extras.org Package Repositories for OpenMediaVault

ii openmediavault-remotemount 5.0.3 all Remote mount plugin for OpenMediaVault.

ii openmediavault-sftp 5.0.7 all sftp server

• Offizieller Beitrag

As suggested, when run the fix-broken install command, I get the following screen. I am using fail2ban from OMV-Extras. Any idea on how to proceed? Do I need to disable any plug-ins? List of plugins in use follows

fail2ban isn't causing any of this. You just have a mess. At this point, you might be better trying to run the fix5to6 script a couple of times instead of omv-release-upgrade https://github.com/OpenMediaVa…-Developers/installScript A fresh install sure would be easier.

• OK. Considering the fresh install route - are there any configs I should save? The idea would be use them as is after the install, if the parameters and content structure is relevant OR use the same semantically via the new GUI.

For new install, should I disconnect the data drive? If so, will I get the data back after the new install.

I know these are a lot of questions. Any pointers you have will be helpful. Thanks for staying with me through this.

• Offizieller Beitrag

are there any configs I should save?

/etc/openmediavault/config.xml for reference. I would actually backup the whole SD card to an image file somewhere.

For new install, should I disconnect the data drive?

Shouldn't need to for an RPi install. Just follow the rpi install guide.

If so, will I get the data back after the new install.

The data won't go anywhere. You just need to mount the filesystems (not create new), create the users, then shared folders (using existing folders on the data drives), and finally configure plugins.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!