https://www.wundertech.net/how…l-plex-on-openmediavault/

All of my media is saved in 3 folders at the following path:

/srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-09ac0fa3-5fcc-435a-9bfa-80bda51c8505/BIGSTOR

In that path I have:

-films

-tvseries

-music

In the 'volumes' step in the above tutorial I put the path to BIGSTOR

When Adding to my library in Plex I put in the path including 'movies' so I have /media/movies

It all 'seems' to be fine however no media is appearing and "Movies" is empty on screen.

When I am choosing the folder and try to select "media' - all three of the above folders are greyed out.

I'm assuming therefore this is all a permission issue but I'm not sure what user it's all running in so cant create and add that user to the group.

Any guidance appreciated - new to docker sadly :(

• macom

Hat das Thema freigeschaltet.
    • Offizieller Beitrag

I don't use Plex, but you probably haven't been replied to as there is a howto in the guides section here + that howto just looks odd for a plex install.

One of things I do know is that config file can grow exponentially and that config appears to point to where docker is installed and if the path to docker has not been changed from the default then the boot device is going to fill up

EDIT: the way to deploy something like plex or docker containers in general is to use portainer stacks -> docker compose file, this makes the container easier to update and manage

• I think you have to bind your folder separately in your docker config through Portainer:

container: /films

host: /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-09ac0fa3-5fcc-435a-9bfa-80bda51c8505/BIGSTOR/films

container: /tvseries

host: /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-09ac0fa3-5fcc-435a-9bfa-80bda51c8505/BIGSTOR/tvseries

container: /music

host: /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-09ac0fa3-5fcc-435a-9bfa-80bda51c8505/BIGSTOR/music

Than in Plex you can point to one of those three folders (/films /tvseries /music)

HP t630 Thin Cliënt (AMD Embedded G-Series GX-420GI | QuadCore | 8GB)
    7.0.5-1 (Sandworm) | 64 bit | pve-kernel-6.8 | omvextrasorg 7.0

• I have found this to be acceptable but unnecessary. I have it this way:

Code
    volumes:
      - /srv/mergerfs/multimedia:/multimedia

/srv/mergerfs/multimedia has these subdirectories:

/movies

/tv-series

/music

Within Plex I can select these individually as

/multimedia/movies

/multimedia/tv-series

/multimedia/music

A very important point to keep in mind is that the user the container runs as must have the appropriate permissions to access the media files and container configuration.

IMHO the guide cited by the OP is lacking and contains a rather egregious suggestion of running the container in Privileged Mode.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von gderf ()

• Offizieller Beitrag

That's similar to how how I do it as well.

I have all my media directories (Movies, Music, TV, etc.) symlinked under /NAS/Media.

Then I just simply make my container volume

/NAS/Media:/media

Then in Emby(or Plex, or Jellyfin, etc.).. when I add a library it's just /media/movies, /media/tv, etc....

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!