Applying pending configuration changes results in 500 internal server errors in webui

• Most of the time (not always) after a manual apt upgrade or dist-upgrade (which will complete without errors) when next visiting the webUI I am greeted with a yellow "Pending configuration changes" banner (despite not having made any changes myself).

If I hit the tick to apply them, after a few seconds I get an internal server error - specifically this:

I can undo the "changes" (whatever they are!) and it seems to go away until a future time I might do another apt update...

• I'm having almost the exact same trouble. Except for me, after I do the undo, even the web GUI won't let me make changes, throwing the 500 - internal server error. And the error message is massive! I'm running a Proxmox kernel. Error message is too large to include here due to 10,000 char limit!!!

Code
    Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C.UTF-8; export LANGUAGE=; omv-salt deploy run --no-color samba 2>&1' with exit code '1': debian:
  • This is still a problem on my system. As I originally posted, *sometimes* (not always) after having run an "apt dist-upgrade" when re-visiting the webUI I will be greeted by a warning that some changes need to be applied. When I attempt to apply them it generates a 500 error.

For me it is when it tries to run "omv-salt deploy run --no-color fstab" and the errors are relating to mergerfs or the unionfs plugin or something.

If I run "omv-salt deploy run --no-color fstab" on the CLI manually I get this:

What is causing this? The server/services/mergerfs pool etc. etc. are all working perfectly despite this...

• Offizieller Beitrag

What is causing this?

Slow os disk? You really should be on OMV 6.x since 5.x is EOL.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Interesting - I am already on 6 - I'm running the OS from an mSATA drive (plugged into an adapter in my HP Gen7 Microserver's internal USB port). Transfer speeds are perfectly acceptable.

This only happened since upgrading to 6 some months ago...is it possible something went awry during the migration causing this message?

Here is some interesting output:

The "openmediavault-unionfilesystems" and ""omvextras-unionbackend" packages look like suspiciously the wrong versions.

Now I come to think of it, when I migrated from OMV5 to 6 there were some wobbles due to mergerfs plugins I believe and I had to look on the forums for some fixes - I cannot recall exactly what I did unfortunately - I think there was a script I ran - are those 5.x versioned packages now in the way/should be purged?

• OK - I was right - looks like those 5.x versioned packages were remnants of the OMV 5 install that the migration did not clear up.

I ran "apt remove omvextras-unionbackend" which succeeded w/out error (and also removed "openmediavault-unionfilesystems") too.

I then ran an "apt purge omvextras-unionbackend openmediavault-unionfilesystems" which again produced no error.

I manually re-ran "omv-salt deploy run --no-color fstab" on the CLI and it succeeded now.

I expect this will be put to bed now.

Thanks for the tip!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!