User cant open the SMB folder

• Hello everybody,

i have a NAS with om (6.0.44-1) runing.

But now I have the following problem. I have a user (John) who (and only he) should be able to access the folder (John). If I create this folder under File System and add it as a share to SMB and later want to access the share via Windows, but this does not work.

I have already tried to delete and recreate the folder and share in case they were corrupt or something like that. But Nope.

Can someone help me?

Here also some pictures of the rights.

Thanks for Help

• FoxXxHater

Be prepared for people telling/advising you not to use ACLs.

On picture one above, if john has standard RWX perms, you don't need to select john read/write as well as a ACL entry. On 4.png -- select Erbe ACLs and you might need to enable the option directly below as well.

I've assumed john can actually connect to OMV from windows and has a valid password. You did not elaborate on what wasn't working.

• Hello, thank you for the answers.

So yes the folder was created via the UI of OV and also shared.

And about the ACLs: works actually quite well with my other folders... or not when I don't use it XD

Well my problem is that the user John can not access the folder John. And yes the user has a valid password.

• FoxXxHater Is the filesystem type ( e.g. ext4) the same for all your other shares? If the shared folder name is visible to John in Windows, right click the folder to go to the properties, then the security tab, which might offers some clues.

One potential glitch I can think of is that deleting a "shared folder" in OMV6 deletes the associated entry in the OMV6 config.xml but does not delete the associated directory from the underlying filesystem. Re-creating a shared folder with the same name means the OMV6 system re-uses the existing filesystem directory without changing any pre-existing ACLs. That may not be obvious even if you reset the perms and/or ACLs unless you scroll through all the displayed users/groups on the ACL webui.

Personally, at this stage I'd be checking the perms & ACLs on the underlying filesystem at the CLI together with the associated SMB share definition.

You may also find it useful to have the "restpermissions" plugin on your system.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!