OMV-Salt failed to unmask avahi-daemon

• thanks votdev for the update which I am about to sit down and reinstall..

the past few days I have been seeing the exact same behaviour as TechGuy .

With a fresh install of OMV. openmediavault_6.0.24-amd64.

6.024 Was fine out of he box, but after I did omv-upgrade. I would have all sorts of errors when applying changes to the gui. one of these updates was avahi ??

anyway I am off to scrub my system and try fresh install with newest 6.0.46-4 and will report back.

thanks for your labor on this.

• success also.

[This exact process would have led to a repeatable 'pending config changes' crash prior to 6.046-4]

So I started with a 6.0.24 usb stick to boot to my HP Gen8's SSD with no raid array attached. (an array from a omv5 install)

and completed the install.

I than ran omv-upgrade and rebooted

I logged into WebGUI for the first time changes where pending, hit apply. this time it completed without error.

[This was where I would crash every time]

I then shutdown and plugged in the raid drives and restarted.

in the WebGUI, I mounted the file system and setup shares. also hitting apply to the changes without incident.

its early running now, but my logs are free of any errors and its business as usual.

thanks for your continued work on this.

• Thankyou all for your support, having just installed the latest update I am now able to run omv-salt deploy run avahi-daemon successfully and the service is left in an operational state after running this deployment. Much appreciated, I will now be able to use the WebUI to configure shares again ^^

• TechGuy

Hat das Label gelöst hinzugefügt.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!