Drives and MergerFS unmounting automatically after a while (12 hours)

• Hi all,

This is my first post here. I have tried looking through the forum but haven't fount a solution to my issue.

I have been using OMV since June having switched from Unraid and it has been great. However, over the last few weeks I have been having intermittent disconnect issues.

The drives in my MergerFS pool will randomly unmount which causes the pool to unmount. This has happened a few times over the last 3 weeks, but it seems to happen more frequently. Last night it happened, and then I restarted OMV and then everything worked again, but then 12 hours later it happened again.

I am pretty new to this so don't really know how to trouble shoot this.

I have a Dell LSI 9240-8i with 7 HDD's powered by a standalone PSU and 3 SSD's connected directly to the motherboard.

Six drives are in the MergerFS pool and 1 is used for parity using SnapRAID.

I'm not sure what information I should provide for trouble shooting, so please let me know if there is anything else I can add.

I have attached the logs as there is a 10k character limit to paste here, but I have included snippets below.

This is the syslog where the issue starts.

unmount1.txt

And then here is the same syslog for when the unmount happened 12 hours later.

unmount2.txt

Here is some additional info.

forum.openmediavault.org/wsc/index.php?attachment/26976/

• Offizieller Beitrag

What kind of case? I would guess either the 9240 is getting to hot and having issues or you are having issues with the power supply.

It makes sense that the pool is being unmounted because it is losing a branch but mergerfs can't unmount the underlying filesystem.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Its a Node 804 with nothing on the one side but the motherboard with 2 fans in pushpull. Is there anyway to trouble shoot this besides replacing the psu or the sas? I don't think the Dell Perc H310 has onboard temperature monitoring.

And in the meantime, is there a way to remount all the drives without having to reboot?

Thanks for taking the time to answer.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Is there anyway to trouble shoot this besides replacing the psu or the sas?

Not that I can think of. You might take the sides off the case to see if it gets better.

is there a way to remount all the drives without having to reboot?

sudo mount -a

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!