OMV6 SMB/CIFS Extra Options?

• Hey guys. I'm working up an OMV6 replacement PC server for my aging OMV4 PC server install. I am building this machine on my spare mobo which is identical to my OMV4 server. I'm seeing slow performance on SMB similar to what I had with OMV4. I did manage to get OMV4 to go from under 1Mb/s to 100Mb/s using the tweaks I found at:

https://techie-show.com/open-m…mb-performance-quick-win/

Those settings are entered under 'Extra Options' and are as follows:

Code
    socket options = TCP_NODELAY SO_RCVBUF=65536 SO_SNDBUF=65536
    read raw = yes
    write raw = yes
    max xmit = 65535
    getwd cache = yes

I do not see the 'Extra Options' in the SMB GUI for OMV6 config. I did try editing /etc/samba/smb.conf, added the values above, and then restarted the service. This had no effect on performance.

I am no expert when it comes to any of this stuff so I am asking if anyone can offer some kind advice on how to get the performance increase I saw with OMV4 and apply that to OMV6.

Any help is most appreciated.

• Thank you for posting this. I certainly did not see it but it is definitely there. I'll blame it on my aging eyes.

I did immediately use the settings I posted above but sadly they did not have any impact. So now I know how to change the options but now I don't know if I need to use different ones than what I am using on the OMV4 install.

• We are all getting older, it is better than the alternatives. There are plenty of threads about optimizing smb.

I have been searching and I can't adjust the configuration of my smb in rp5 with OMV7, can you recommend one?

Thank you

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!