Behaviour Setting Power Management

• Dear all,

I think I noticed a possible regression in the GUI of OMV regarding the scheduling of tasks under System - Power Management - Scheduled Tasks.

When I initially (months ago) set up a task of daily shutdowns every midnight, all was easy and clear. Now, presumably since a few updates, it is not possible to directly set a time for a new task or even only change a time of an existing task when choosing anything else than Certain Date. Consequently, for setting up / changing a scheduled task, Certain Date must be selected as first step for setting the time when a task should be run, and subsequently changed afterwards from Certain Date to e.g. Daily.

Am I missing something here, or is this in fact planned behaviour?

Edit: I noticed just before that the system did shut down despite the shutdown having been disabled it for this midnight, and also the changes, were confirmed, so no pending task remained open. Maybe something is in fact not exactly working as it should?

In any case, thank you to everybody for contributing to create such a cool solution as OMV is.

Kind regards,

Markus

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von new4u () aus folgendem Grund: I added the remark regarding shutdown despite having been disabled.

• Offizieller Beitrag

You can only set custom settings when selecting Certain Date. If you select Hourly, Daily or whatever then cron is deciding at what time the scheduled job is executed. This is the default behaviour of cron, and this is reflected in the UI.

• new4u

Hat das Label gelöst hinzugefügt.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!