ZFS Broken after updating through the GUI last night.

• Updated OMV through the GUI last night. After that completed successfully, I shut it down for the night. Today I see ZFS isn't working and was getting an error 500 try running '/sbin/modprobe zfs' as root to load them. That didn't work. Tried to apt-get upgrade to see if new packages could be fetched, got something prompting me to recomplile but doing so would infringe on some licenses. Did so anyway and still didnt' work. Tried to uninstall and reinstall ZFS plugin and can't get it installed again. I'm on 5.19.0-0.deb11.2-amd64 right now on advice from another read and still nothing. Here's the installation log.

https://drive.google.com/file/…xDVqO/view?usp=share_link

Case: U-NAS NSC-810
    Motherboard: ASRock - C236 WSI Mini ITX
    CPU: Core i7-6700
    Memory: 32GB Crucial DDR4-2133

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von elastic ()

• Offizieller Beitrag

You probably installed the 6.0 kernel from backports and zfs doesn't support it yet. You either have to use the 5.19 debian kernel or install the 5.19 proxmox kernel using the openmediavault-kernel plugin from omv-extras.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

Yes I saw you mentioned that in another thread. I'm guessing I did this wrong?

That should boot the older 5.19 kernel but I don't know if you installed a newer version of the 5.19 kernel and don't have the zfs module built for it. Is there a reason you don't want to use the proxmox kernel? It doesn't require compiling the zfs module.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• I just did the proxmox kernel (I overlooked that option initially). I got ZFS working but now portainer doesn't seem to want to initiate.

• Offizieller Beitrag

now portainer doesn't seem to want to initiate.

portainer isn't broken because of the proxmox kernel (I use it on multiple machines). Is your docker storage on zfs?

• Nah, docker itself runs on the OS drive, which is just an ext4 ssd. It seems when I boot from the proxmox kernel it breaks other stuff aside from portainer (docker itself seems to be running according to the webui). I also have tautulli installed via snap that also breaks when i boot from this kernel.

https://prnt.sc/gMcMeq__0kVr

I am using the right kernal, right?

• Offizieller Beitrag

I also have tautulli installed via snap that also breaks when i boot from this kernel.

snap? You installed snap on debian?

I am using the right kernal, right?

I have no idea why you are having so many problems. Just uninstall it and the 6.0 kernel. Then compile the zfs module - sudo apt-get install --reinstall zfs-dkms

• I have no idea either. All was good until some updates via GUI last night and I usually update weekly.

Yes, I have snap installed...I'm guessing I should not? It's been running fine for months and literally only use it for Tautulli.

Ran apt-get install --reinstall zfs-dkms as well as apt-get upgrade and that seemed to work after a few reboots. Thanks a lot!

• Offizieller Beitrag

All was good until some updates via GUI last night and I usually update weekly.

That is expected since bullseye backports has 6.0 kernel and 2.1.5 zfs. I don't know why Debian maintainers do that.

Yes, I have snap installed...I'm guessing I should not? It's been running fine for months and literally only use it for Tautulli.

I uninstall it from most of my Ubuntu systems. Just a preference. I think it is annoying. Is there are reason you don't run Tautulli in docker?

• When I first moved from OMV 4 -> 6, I was really lost with how portainer/docker worked lol. I figured it out in time of course and have a bunch of containers running now no problem, but I guess I just wanted everything up and running ASAP once I installed OMV 6 and got that up and running with snap pretty quick. I also installed duplicati through SSH also as opposed to docker. Do you think it's worth switching to containers or don't fix what isn't broken?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Do you think it's worth switching to containers or don't fix what isn't broken?

Up to you.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!