Monitoring errors (rrd-cached)

• When I start monitoring on my OMV 6 Installation, my ssyslog gets full of errors regarding rrd-cached. Unfortunately, I do not know what to do to solve this. Could someone tell me what to do?

I found other posts with issues with rrd-cached, but they did not help me. Let me know if you need more info and what you need. here are the logs

syslog

• Offizieller Beitrag

That is not possible. It would remove openmediavault as well.

Maybe try

omv-salt stage run deploy

It will deploy all configurations. Maybe it fixes the issue or at least it might throw some useful error.

• Offizieller Beitrag

1) Do I have to run it with or without monitoring enabled?

Without

2) Will it change my configuration in any way?

Should not, unless there are changes in the database which have not been applied, but that should not be the case

• I was running the omv-salt deploy command, unfortunately, it did not help, as shown below. What I find weird is that I did not change anything regarding the Monitoring or something connected to it, so I wonder why it started doing this now?!

Syslog also showed following.

Code
    Dec  2 21:50:06 openmediavault monit[487322]: There is no service named "collectd"
    Dec  2 21:53:12 openmediavault monit[1457]: Monit daemon with PID 1457 awakened
    Dec  2 21:53:12 openmediavault monit[1457]: Awakened by User defined signal 1
    Dec  2 21:53:17 openmediavault monit[1457]: HttpRequest: error -- client []: HTTP/1.0 400 There is no service named "proftpd"
    Dec  2 21:53:17 openmediavault monit[501297]: There is no service named "proftpd"
    Dec  2 21:53:19 openmediavault monit[1457]: HttpRequest: error -- client []: HTTP/1.0 400 There is no service named "rrdcached"
    Dec  2 21:53:19 openmediavault monit[501337]: There is no service named "rrdcached"

After I ran the omv-salt command, I started the Monitoring from the Web-GUI again, with following result in syslog spammed again.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Dec 2 22:16:25 openmediavault collectd[541673]: rrdcached plugin: rrdc_update (/var/lib/rrdcached/db/localhost/disk-dm-2/disk_ops.rrd, [1670015785.464037:719641:1000838], 1) failed: rrdcached@unix:/run/rrdcached.sock: RRD Error: mmaping file '/var/lib/rrdcached/db/localhost/disk-dm-2/disk_ops.rrd': Invalid argument (status=-1)

Try deleting the databases. They will be recreated

rm -r /var/lib/rrdcached/db/localhost
    systemctl restart rrdcached.service

• Try deleting the databases. They will be recreated

rm -r /var/lib/rrdcached/db/localhost
    systemctl restart rrdcached.service

I think this solved it. Starting the Monitoring in the WebGUI and checking syslog output doesnt show any error like before anymore. I can also visit the monitoring graphs normally. So I would say this is solved.

Thank you a lot!

• so this problem comes up by itself constantly.
    Removing the database and restarting the service makes it dissapear for a while, but then it reappears after restarting OMV.

Could someone maybe look into this or maybe I can give information how to help to debug this? It doesnt just pollute the logs like this but also creates a lot of load.

I think it actually starts happening after restarting OMV, so maybe that could lead into the direction of solving this issue. Wondering why I have this problem and others apparently not.

Here are the logs that are spammed into /var/log/syslog continuously

Unrelated to this specific issue, I also found this in the logs, and if someone knows what that could be it would also be quite helpful:

Code
    May 14 00:00:13 openmediavault logrotate[2954504]: Unknown parameter encountered: "write cache size"
    May 14 00:00:13 openmediavault logrotate[2954504]: Ignoring unknown parameter "write cache size"
    • Offizieller Beitrag

Unrelated to this specific issue, I also found this in the logs, and if someone knows what that could be it would also be quite helpful:

Code
    May 14 00:00:13 openmediavault logrotate[2954504]: Unknown parameter encountered: "write cache size"
    May 14 00:00:13 openmediavault logrotate[2954504]: Ignoring unknown parameter "write cache size"

Execute cd /etc/logrotate.d/ and run cat * | grep "write cache size". Any output?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!