autoshutdown, settings

• Hello everyone, I'm new here. I installed OMV 6 on a Raspberry 4. There is only one HDD attached to the USB port. Data for exchange with other users should only occasionally be stored on this hard disk. So the disk doesn't have to run all the time.

Is there a way to shut down the disk when not in use and then spin it up again via WOL, for example?

This issue may have already been solved. However, I couldn't find anything about it.

Best regards and thanks in advance for your replies.

• I installed OMV 6 on a Raspberry 4

Is there a way to shut down the disk when not in use and then spin it up again via WOL, for example?

Unless you use a RTC HAT on the Pi, NO.

The Pi's don't have a battery to hold the date/time.

• Thank you for your reply. But that wasn't my question. It is already clear to me that I cannot shut down the PI and spinup again by time. My question is whether there is a way to spin up the PI using WOL. Now it´s clear to me. If I shut down the PI, it can no longer be reached via SSH. That is, WOL cannot rattle.

I only use the PI to test how OMV works. I then want to set up a server on an HP Proliant with RAID 5 using 4 2TB hard drives. Does WOL work there?

Thank you again in expectation of your answer. Best regards.

• No idea how the Pis may differ, but the standard behavior of WOL does not require a running operating or system to power on a switched off system. All that is required is supporting hardware, ie a WOL supported NIC and motherboard along with the power supply being switched on.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• But that wasn't my question

The answer is already given.

Unless you use a RTC HAT on the Pi, NO.

But since you're still doubting:

Does the Pi 4 support WOL?

And funny as it is, even with the RTC HAT, I don't see any mention that is possible.

All mentions I see is to have the Pi act as a WOL SERVER to wake other computers/devices that have WOL capability, NOT the Pi itself.

I then want to set up a server on an HP Proliant with RAID 5 using 4 2TB hard drives. Does WOL work there?

I don't know the Hardware but I assume it has WOL capability on the BIOS/Ethernet.

Maybe something to ask on the HP forum/support or google.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!