LIke to backup from a shared windows folder to OMV 6

• Hi

I'm very new to OMV but it looks very nice and I think I can use it alot.

I have install it on a orange pi and connect a USB harddrive so I can backup from a windows share folder to USB disk with help from OMV.

Right now I run a backup/sync software from the windows that have the share folder and have connect that to a shared folder that I have create inside OMV.

But I'm curious if i can use OMV to use some kind of backup/sync itself.

I have see it have Rsync and also borgbackup but not sure what to use.

I did install "Remote Mount" but I get a error when I trying to mount to my windows share folder

Just hope to find a easy backup/sync that run ever weekend and copy from my windows share folder to my USB harddrive and send a e-mail with a log.

• Back again

Rsync work nice when I push the button "Run" but not when I set time

Example I have

Minute 20

Hour 21

Day of month *

Month *

Day of week *

so it was going to start att 21.20 and the clock it set corret in OMV but nothing happend and I can't see any running in the Rsync - Jobs log.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I can't see any running in the Rsync - Jobs log.

With a Scheduled Task, you won't see Rsync running. It runs in the background.

Your settings should work.

Did you check the "Enabled" box?

• Offizieller Beitrag

So how do I know if it working

You don't. That's what E-mail notification is for, to give you command output conveniently. If you're worried about it, you could pipe the rsync command line output to a text file in one of your network shares.

>> /path-to-your-network-share/rsync_jobs.txt

You could test it with a known new file in the source. Then look to see if the new transfers after the job.

I did not get any email

When you set up your notifications section System, Notification, Settings:

There's a test button by Save. Did you test your settings?

• thecazz

Hat das Label gelöst hinzugefügt.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!