OMV6 - No connection to interface and server - RAID1

• I tried today to get to my OMV6 interface. This failed every time after starting the server. I also could not get to my Docker containers. Per SSH also nothing goes straight.

Yesterday I installed Syncthing as a container.

This morning the connection worked for a little while until it abruptly stopped and then the connection to the entire server was gone.

I can wake up the server via WOL.

How can I still try to reconnect?

Or do I have to reinstall everything now? If so, what do I have to pay attention to?

• Reinstalling seems like a last resort. If you cannot connect to your OMV6 system via ssh, can you at least ping OMV6? Assuming there's no firewall to block a ping response, and the ping packets are not all dropped, do a port scan to see if there any services running on your OMV6 box? If OMV6 appears totally unresponsive/inactive then it's time to get to the OMV6 console directly to diagnose the problem. I'm guessing you can only do that with a monitor and keyboard attached to your OMV6 system.

• Reinstalling seems like a last resort. If you cannot connect to your OMV6 system via ssh, can you at least ping OMV6? Assuming there's no firewall to block a ping response, and the ping packets are not all dropped, do a port scan to see if there any services running on your OMV6 box? If OMV6 appears totally unresponsive/inactive then it's time to get to the OMV6 console directly to diagnose the problem. I'm guessing you can only do that with a monitor and keyboard attached to your OMV6 system.

Thanks a lot for your answer. What is about the RAID1 data storages, if I have to install the system new to the OMV storage disk?

• Hi there,

after researching I found out that my local network was the problem. I am using Devolo Dlan adapters to connect some network devices. My DSL router stopped the conection and I had to reboot the dlan network. Now I can work with OMV6 & Co.!

• wmcig

Hat das Label gelöst hinzugefügt.
  • wmcig

Hat das Label OMV 6.x hinzugefügt.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!