Permissions to Delete Media Files via Docker Setup

• Hi All,

I had to recently rebuild my installation of OMV. In doing so, I have either made a mistake or missing a step to ensure Plex has the permissions to be able to delete the show after it is watched. I'm also seeing an issue when Plex tries to right to the filesystem (i.e. I can record shows I pull with an Over the Air antenna and store them on the file system).

I'm using Docker for all the apps that are installed on OMV. I have confirmed the user has read/write permissions and those permissions are reflected in the docker config. I read another post on here that indicated the user/permissions setup in docker don't necessarily persist done to the filesystem.

The filesytem I am using is:

- 1 is local to OMV and on the same box

- 1 is a remote NAS that is connected via SMB

Weirdly enough, I am having the same issue on both of the filesystems.

Does anyone know where I can start to troubleshoot this issue (and properly document the setup for the future)?

Appreciate any advice!

Brian

• If you used docker to deploy plex, have you set the PUID and PGID of the container to be the same as your user account that operates correctly?

The PUID and PGID in docker makes the container do all of it's file manipulation as the matching user ID. If you don't set it, there is a good chance it is trying to operate as the docker user account which does not have the correct permissions to manipulate files outside of it's container.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!