OS disk or data disk

• Hi,

I would like to make a new server setup with OMV 6. I were on OMV 5 with a 128 go ssd for the os, and 500go HDD for os data. Then, I have several hdd 2to to 4 to for my personal data.

I bought a 1to ssd in order to merge the OS and data on the same disk, but I saw that it is not recommended to use the same disk for os and data. I don't want to use USB stick for the os. Then, I think I will reuse the 128 go ssd for the OS, and the 1 to ssd for data OS.

I saw a lot of video of techodadlife, but there is something that I don't understand, it is the separation between os and data for the os.

What should I put on :

128go SSD OS

1to Data disk

?

For example, is the docker folder should be on the OS disk or data disk?

If I want to backup my server with clonezilla, I need to backup both OS and data ssd?

Thanks for your help

• Offizieller Beitrag

I used to have the OS on an ssd of 126GB. Then I also had the docker root path on the ssd. No issues.

Now I use an USB thumb drive for the OS and have the docker root path on the ssd. It is really about your preference.

If I want to backup my server with clonezilla, I need to backup both OS and data ssd?

Up to you. If you want to have backup of the OS and the data, you need to clone both, if you have no other backup.

I clone the OS drive. For the data I run rsync or rsnapshot jobs to other disks. For remote backup I use Duplicati.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!