Possible to install Phpmyadmin and Mysql along side OMV6 no docker

• Hey,

i am looking to create a mysql database for one of my websites and i was wondering if it can be installed along side OMV6 without any conflics

not intrested in using docker as the remote connection is way longer to get working

thanks
    :)

• Offizieller Beitrag

i was wondering if it can be installed along side OMV6 without any conflics

not intrested in using docker as the remote connection is way longer to get working

Yes but it would take way longer to get working without docker. You could do it with one docker-compose file and the compose plugin. Maybe I will even work on adding an example to the compose plugin to do this.

Just create shared folders on one data disk called:

• code
    • nginxconf
    • phpconf
    • database
    • phpmyadmin

See later post...

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von ryecoaaron ()

• hmm, i will try this

Yes but it would take way longer to get working without docker. You could do it with one docker-compose file and the compose plugin. Maybe I will even work on adding an example to the compose plugin to do this.

Just create shared folders on one data disk called:

• code
    • nginxconf
    • phpconf
    • database
    • phpmyadmin
    • Offizieller Beitrag

This is going to need work. Playing with it now.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• Offizieller Beitrag

ok, it is much simpler and working on my system. I also added the compose to the compose plugin samples list.

I was over-complicating it with nginx and php-fpm. With this, you just login via root and my_secret_password. leave the host blank.

• i tried the first one, it seemed to be working

although not sure how the remote connection will work for the website to connect to this docker mysql

ok, it is much simpler and working on my system. I also added the compose to the compose plugin samples list.

I was over-complicating it with nginx and php-fpm. With this, you just login via root and my_secret_password. leave the host blank.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I just tested the sample in the plugin and it is working well with just creating one shared folder called database.

• Offizieller Beitrag

The overkill ends up with nginx and php-fpm running that neither mysql nor phpmyadmin needs. Not the end of the world but definitely not needed.

• Offizieller Beitrag

any idea where the mysql config be located? i need to enable remote connection

The mysql config isn't exposed in this but remote connection is already enabled (doesn't really make sense for it not to be enabled in a docker container):

• The mysql config isn't exposed in this but remote connection is already enabled (doesn't really make sense for it not to be enabled in a docker container):

ah explains why i cant find it, still wierd tho cant seem to connect with the credentials i have set from the other server possibly something im missing out?

• Offizieller Beitrag
    Zitat

ah explains why i cant find it, still wierd tho cant seem to connect with the credentials i have set from the other server possibly something im missing out?

Did you create a database and user for this other server? The default compose file doesn't create any databases that you would use for applications. If you did create a database and user, did you create a user that can connect from all IPs using '%'?

• Offizieller Beitrag

i should prob go about altering this somehow

You should be able to do this in phpmyadmin. Sorry, I don't use phpmyadmin though (mysql admin at work but always use command line).

• You should be able to do this in phpmyadmin. Sorry, I don't use phpmyadmin though (mysql admin at work but always use command line).

i learned on phpmyadmin so ive just always stuck to what ive known but atleast i can connect thats the main thing

progress is progress and ive learned something new tonight, thanks <3

• Offizieller Beitrag

the phpmyadmin panel is accessible without password?

No. In the initial config, only root with the password you specify in the compose file should be able to access it. If you create a user in phpmyadmin for an app database, that user should be able to login to phpmyadmin as well but shouldn't see the mysql or sys databases.

• Offizieller Beitrag

for some reason not in this case, i go to the link serverip:8081 and it has a phpmyadmin wide ass open? no login prompt

Could this be missing?

PMA_CONTROLPASS: '' or the ' <---- ----> '

Sounds like it is using your previous login. If you close your browser and open it, do you still not get a login prompt? My install is not wide open and I am not using the PMA_CONTROLPASS environment variable.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!