SSD not recognised

• Hello all,

since my old OMV box is dying, I've started building a new box. I got a MSI B560M Pro motherboard and a Pentium 6900 Gold CPU. In order to spare as many SATA ports as I can I bought a M2 PCIEx3 Transcend SSD110S drive to put the OS on.

Unfortunatly while installing using the OMV6.ISO the install hangs after the IPV6 configuration part. I believe that's when the installer looks for locations to install to?

Thinking this might be a driver issue (lack of driver) I thought I'd try Debian 11 installer. Since thats whats OMV is based on. That install went well. I couldnt boot into it (probably integrated graphics driver missing) but the installer finished, Partitions where made.

So, what can I do? I gues trying to get Debian to run, and install OMV from there? Are there drawbacks to that route other then installing more then I need?

Could this be the kernel in the OMV installer is a little out dated?

(I'm a windows user, not very versed in linux )

• LeechNL

Hat das Label OMV 6.x hinzugefügt.
    • Offizieller Beitrag

Unfortunatly while installing using the OMV6.ISO the install hangs after the IPV6 configuration part. I believe that's when the installer looks for locations to install to?

Nope. This is a well known problem when you don't have a dhcp server handing out ipv6 addresses. There are a bunch of threads on it but myself, I hit alt-f2 and kill the dhcp v6 process. Then it proceeds on just fine. Otherwise, you can use the latest Debian netinst iso and run the install script after. You end up with the same results.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• I would have never thought about that. That must be it. I disabled IPV6 since my provider doesn't support it when the provider modem is set to bridge mode. So I disabled it in my router. I'll try enabling the DHCP first, and killing the process if it still doesn't work.

Thanks!!

• Offizieller Beitrag

Glad to hear.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• LeechNL

Hat das Label gelöst hinzugefügt.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!