🙏 Feature Request: Please Stop using Cookies to store the Dashboard config

• OMV devs, FWIW I absolutely love OMV and have been using it for a couple of years now, I even built my dad an OVM NAS in the last month.

However, there is one thing that drives me crazy; modern web browsers clear out cookies very frequently to prevent tracking, as a result I have to set up my dashboard at least once a week on each of my OMV servers, and it's a royal PITA.

So my request is; Please, Please Stop using Cookies to store the Dashboard config, please store it in the User Account/profile instead so we can configure it once and never have to worry about it again.

Cheers Derek

Main Server:
    OMV 6.x HP Proliant N40L, 8GB ECC Ram, p410 HW Raid Controller w/ 512MB BBWC, Intel Dual GigE NIC, Icy Dock MB602SPO-B
    Storage: 4x 4TB WD RED HDD's, HW Raid5
    Backup Server:
    OMV 6.x HP Proliant N36L, 8GB ECC Ram, Intel GigE NIC
    Storage: 4x 6TB HDD's, SW Raid10

• You can tell each modern browser to do not clear cookies for websites on an exception list. Storing the settings via cookies is by intention because this allows it to use different dashboard settings on various devices. I do not want to have the dashboard i have on my desktop in my phone for example.

That's fine, however I also access my OMV servers from multiple machines and I would really like to set this up once and forget about it.

This is a real PITA when I'm accessing my servers remotely via my web VPN solution, as each connection gets a different URL with a prefix like: 983cf621.mydomainname.com.

As a result all browsers think it's a new website each time.

Main Server:
    OMV 6.x HP Proliant N40L, 8GB ECC Ram, p410 HW Raid Controller w/ 512MB BBWC, Intel Dual GigE NIC, Icy Dock MB602SPO-B
    Backup Server:

• That's fine, however I also access my OMV servers from multiple machines and I would really like to set this up once and forget about it.

This is a real PITA when I'm accessing my servers remotely via my web VPN solution, as each connection gets a different URL with a prefix like: 983cf621.mydomainname.com.

As a result all browsers think it's a new website each time.

I have a small VM installed with a minimal GUI and a remote desktop access that I connect to and do any webpage on my network stuff from that. I am using a service, but you can do the same over your own VPN using a VNC server, Since that machine is always on the same network with the same access to OMV, the dashboard is always the same.

• I'd prefer this setting was simply part of the user profile, then it would be browser and access type agnostic. Using cookies for this sort of thing is really not optimal imo.

Main Server:
    Backup Server:

• Arrrgh, this is getting really darn tiresome!!! I hardly ever access the web UI on my OMV servers (they are so darn reliable), but EVERY time I do, I have to reconfigure the Dashboard!

So, Please, Please Stop using Cookies to store the Dashboard config, please store it in the User Account/profile instead so we can configure it once and never have to worry about it again.

Main Server:
    Backup Server:

• Offizieller Beitrag

So, Please, Please Stop using Cookies to store the Dashboard config, please store it in the User Account/profile instead so we can configure it once and never have to worry about it again.

This was done almost two months ago. Update your system and read the changelog before complaining next time. https://github.com/openmediava…ault/debian/changelog#L88

• Offizieller Beitrag

Arrrgh, this is getting really darn tiresome!!! I hardly ever access the web UI on my OMV servers (they are so darn reliable), but EVERY time I do, I have to reconfigure the Dashboard!

Since openmediavault 6.1.7 the UI settings are stored in the backend. See https://github.com/openmediava…diavault/debian/changelog

• This was done almost two months ago. Update your system and read the changelog before complaining next time. https://github.com/openmediava…ault/debian/changelog#L88

Oh hooray! Considering the reaction I got to the original post, I assumed this request was being ignored.

Main Server:
    Backup Server:

• chente

Hat das Label gelöst hinzugefügt.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!