SMB Client keeps disapearing from a Nextcloud Docker container

• Hello
    I use external storage to mount my Data drive on my nextcloud server via SMB.
    For some reason, I am forced to reinstall the SMB client on the Nextcloud docker container every couple of days, as it suddenly "disapears".
    Is there any way to resolve this?

Thanks in advance

Itsik

• so instead of:
    image: nextcloud
    go with:
    image: linuxserver/nextcloud

?

You can't just change the image.

Official image runs on apache and linuxserver uses nginx.

You will bork your install.

• This is my current docker compose file which works perfectly. Is there a way to edit it to pull the correct image?

Thanks

Itsik

• Can you please point me in the direction of a working docker compose file with the correct image?

Thanks in advance

Itsik

There's no way to just change the image.

In order to use linuxserver's, you would have to create a new container and do it all over again by following a guide for it (the forum has, at least 2 that are supported: macom and KM0201 )

Migrating from one to the other would be a nightmare.

I use external storage to mount my Data drive on my nextcloud server via SMB.

--------------

This is my current docker compose file which works perfectly. Is there a way to edit it to pull the correct image?

One way to try to bypass this, would be to mount the SMB share on the host (if it's on a different one) with the "remote_mount" plugin (you're running NC on the OMV instance, correct???) and mount it "local" on the docker-compose.yml.

Something on these lines:

You have a SMB share on a different server.

You use the remote mount to make it available on OMV (my case is NFS but can also be SMB )

You go to the Storage-> Filesystems and check the mount point for the share:

/srv/215b2d8d-f3f4-4c8d-9d74-3eaff24bd20f #This is the UUID that OMV assigned to the above mountpoint.

Now, edit the YML volumes to have that mounted share available locally (in my case)

Code
        volumes:
          - /srv/dev-disk-by-label-sd_configs/@appdata/nextcloud/config:/config
          - /srv/dev-disk-by-label-wolf1/@data/nextcloud/data:/data
          - /srv/215b2d8d-f3f4-4c8d-9d74-3eaff24bd20f:/pote-cravas #This is the volume from above and the name that I want it to be seen inside the container

Redeploy the container to have it recognize the new volume.

Now, log in as an Administrator of NC, all it takes is to mount it on NC GUI Settings->Administration->External Storage:

pc-sync is the name I want it to be known on NC.

Local is the type of "External Storage" since it's seen as a local drive

No authentication is needed in my case since the mounted share is owned by the same PUID that runs the container.

/pote-cravas is the name from the YML that I assigned to be seen inside the container.

You can make the mount (on NC) available to the users as RO to some, RW to others or by groups.

A lot of control can be given.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!