miniDLNA only shows the first 6 directorys from my NAS

• Hi,

since a few days, miniDLNA only shows the first 6 (from 13) directorys of my music collection. About 4000 files were not founded.

I deinstalled an re installed miniDLNA, but the error is allways existing. I don't know what to do at the moment.

I forced a rescan multiple times. All directorys are ok.

Any Sugestions here, before i move the plugin to trashcan and install miniDLNA direct under linux.

Drinkin' rum before 10 am makes you a pirate, not an alcoholic..

AMD E-350 Processor - 4 GB RAM - 6.5.0-3 (Shaitan) - 64 GB SSD System, 1x 250 GB SSD, 2x 12 TB, 2x3 TB

• Offizieller Beitrag

My first suggestion is to not use minidlna.

It is most likely crashing on a video file it doesn't like. You can try to look in the log but it doesn't always show up.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

before i move the plugin to trashcan and install miniDLNA direct under linux.

And not sure why you think the plugin is doing something wrong. Installing it directly will not fix the problem. Maybe running a newer version in docker would but not the same version installed on the host that the plugin uses.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• My first suggestion is to not use minidlna.

It is most likely crashing on a video file it doesn't like. You can try to look in the log but it doesn't always show up.

I only use miniDLNA für music.

And not sure why you think the plugin is doing something wrong. Installing it directly will not fix the problem. Maybe running a newer version in docker would but not the same version installed on the host that the plugin uses.

I don't know, it's a suspicion. After my gained experions i think it's a try worth. Found no solution inside OMV. BTW.: I don't want to use Docker. I want to install miniDLNA via SSH on the shell.

AMD E-350 Processor - 4 GB RAM - 6.5.0-3 (Shaitan) - 64 GB SSD System, 1x 250 GB SSD, 2x 12 TB, 2x3 TB

• Offizieller Beitrag

I only use miniDLNA für music.

Ok, you have a music file it doesn't like. And there are other dlna servers out there.

I don't know, it's a suspicion. After my gained experions i think it's a try worth.

I would argue it won't help.

I don't want to use Docker.

At least you have a good reason...

I want to install miniDLNA via SSH on the shell.

It is your system. Do what you want. You don't need my help. I will tell you that is exactly what the plugin does.

• At least you have a good reason...

It is your system. Do what you want. You don't need my help. I will tell you that is exactly what the plugin does.

OK, so what is your idea. As i wrote, to install via SSH is the last thing i'll try,if nothing other works.

What do you mean, it t dosen't like? How to find out what file it is?

• Offizieller Beitrag

What do you mean, it t dosen't like?

the minidlna scanner crashes when reading a file or its header. It could be for many reasons.

How to find out what file it is?

I already mentioned that you could try looking at the logs but they don't always show up. Sometimes you can tell by what folders are showing up. This is why I stopped using minidlna years ago.

• This is why I stopped using minidlna years ago.

Thanks a lot.

in germany we say, you didn't see the forrest, because there are to many trees.

Found a fool file (m4a). MiniDLNA works again.

While searching for an other dlna server, i found JellyFin. That's also my Video Server. And it can also DLNA. Now it's activated and I use Jelly ;)

Have a good time

Pinfeed.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!