Custom Branding in FileBrowser Plugin

• Hello,

This is my first post. I've just recently installed OMV6 on a spare desktop PC to use for internal and external file sharing.

I was originally using FileBrowser but I was running it in a docker container in Ubuntu Server. I was using a custom css file and a replacement svg file under my Ubuntu setup, however I seem to be having some issues transferring that configuration to my new OMV6 setup. It seems that the FileBrowser service cant access my custom branding folder. This is how I have set everything up. I'm new to OMV so I'm not sure if I have missed anything.

OMV version 6.1.3-1 (Shaitan)

Linux 5.16.0-0.bpo.4-amd64

Filebrowser Version 2.23.0

I have dedicated a 2TB HDD to FileBrowser, dev/sdb

Under sharing in the OMV web gui, I have assigned read/write permissions for the user 'filebrowser' and group 'users', owner is set as 'root' by default.

In FileBrowser, my branding files are stored in /system/filebrowser/branding/

Within this folder is my custom.css file and /img/ folder containing my svg files

Under Settings, Global Settings, Branding Directory Path, I have applied /system/filebrowser/branding/ as the path.

After completing all of the above, I have tried reloading the page and clearing my browsers cache.

However, nothing is working.

I have been back and checked the configuration I had in my old Ubuntu setup, all the filebrowser configuration matches my new setup and that works, so I can only assume its something that isn't setup correctly in OMV. Most likely a permissions issue at a guess.

Has anyone managed to successfully apply custom branding to their FileBrowser installation?

If not, anyone have any suggestions?

Many thanks

Dan

• UPDATE: I've found the issue and now my custom branding is working

"Under Settings, Global Settings, Branding Directory Path, I have applied /system/filebrowser/branding/ as the path"

This was the issue, it turns out on the OMV setup the root folder is /srv, so I changed the path to

/srv/system/filebrowser/branding/

Reloaded my web browser and now my custom branding works.

I hope this thread helps anyone else facing the same problem!

• KM0201

Hat das Label gelöst hinzugefügt.
  • KM0201

Hat das Label OMV 6.x hinzugefügt.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!