OMV 6 issues with performance statistics

• Hello,

I have more OMV deployments and i have the following issues with Performance Statistics

1) The statistics got lost if the machine reboots due to a power failure.

I encounter this issue on all my machines. If i restart the machine or shut it down manually all is good but if there is a power failure the statistics are lost and start from zero.

All of them are installed on flash memory/sd card and i use flashmemory 6.2 plugin.

Do i need to add some command in config to save the statistics from time to time?

2) On one of the boxes the statistics are working except the network statistics.

This is what i see on the network statistics tab.

3) On other boxes nothing gets populated on the stats

For 2) and 3) issue i have kenel Linux 5.16.0-0.bpo.4-amd64 on HP T610 thin client

Issue 1) present on all systems where besides T610 computers i also use Linux 5.15.61-v7+ / Linux 5.15.32-v7l+ on Raspberry Pi 3 and 4

Any suggestion is appreciated.

P.S: Happy New Year !!!
    Linux 5.16.0-0.bpo.4-amd64

• Offizieller Beitrag

but if there is a power failure the statistics are lost and start from zero.

All of them are installed on flash memory/sd card and i use flashmemory 6.2 plugin.

Do i need to add some command in config to save the statistics from time to time?

If you don't shutdown properly, nothing is syncing the changed data from tmpfs (ram) back to the filesystem. You can create a scheduled task to run folder2ram -syncall but remember that the more you run it, the more writes you are committing to disk and defeating the purpose of the flashmemory plugin. Also, running perf stats is doing that as well. That is why the install script disables them.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• I rested it a couple of time but where the graphs are not populated it never worked. is not like graphs worked and stopped working after power failure

The advise from post #3 still applies:

Run omv-firstaid and select "7"

Code
    Checking all RRD files. Please wait ...
    All RRD database files are valid.

You can also re-run:

sudo omv-salt deploy run rrdcached

• OK i have solved 2) issue with omv-firstaid and #1 Configure network interface (after i have rewriten this the question mark have dissapeared)

Still have the 3) problem on other computers. I thought is something with the kernel because i have AMD CPU but on the latest install with INTEL Atom is the same...no graphs at all

ovm-firstaid / #7

Checking configuration status file. Please wait ...

The configuration status file is valid.

Also reruned omv-salt deploy run rrdcached (log below) but with no result

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!