can't see jellyfin on TV's

• Hi all, (first post - pls be gentle)

I want to run jellyfin off my OMV6 installation. everything OK if I install jellyfin via the Debian route. Both smart TV's can see and play jellyfin content. However I would like to master the docker approach as I successfully installed syncthing via docker.

I have tried twice and jellyfin comes up fine. can add to libraries etc. DLNA server is enabled.

Jellyfin is running on my omv 6 installation . fixed ip 192.168.178.12, gateway 192.168.178.1...

jellyfin compose has : JELLYFIN_PublishedServerUrl=192.168.178.12

given that neither TV can see jellyfin when installed through docker, I am sure that I am missing something simple.

any thoughts?

kind regards,

• Insufficient information provided. Provide your entire compose file or equivalent.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• ---

version: "2.1"

services:

jellyfin:

image: lscr.io/linuxserver/jellyfin:latest

container_name: jellyfin

environment:

- PUID=1000

- PGID=100

- TZ=Australia/Sydney

- JELLYFIN_PublishedServerUrl=192.168.178.12 #optional

volumes:

- /SSD/config/Jellyfin:/config

- /tvshows:/data/tvshows

- /movies:/data/movies

ports:

- 8096:8096

- 8920:8920 #optional

- 7359:7359/udp #optional

- 1900:1900/udp #optional

restart: unless-stopped

• Hi Bern,

Absolutely certain. uninstalled portainer and docker from omv 6, then reinstalled. added the line to compose and deployed. voila.

The only thing that I can think "might" have been the problem was my two Samsung smart tv's. However, now they can see jellyfin and play the media...

cheers,

• Offizieller Beitrag

Hi loaded-dog,

I have the same problem, can this be solved?

network_mode: host

I don't think the network mode should matter much unless you're trying to reverse proxy it. Host should work fine. Mine is "jellyfin_default" and works fine on all my devices.

Code
    root@openmediavault:~# docker inspect jellyfin | grep NetworkMode
                "NetworkMode": "jellyfin_default",
    root@openmediavault:~# 

How did you install jellyfin? If you used docker-compose/stacks, you can set the network mode pretty easy.

• I don't think the network mode should matter much unless you're trying to reverse proxy it. Host should work fine. Mine is "jellyfin_default" and works fine on all my devices.

Code
    root@openmediavault:~# docker inspect jellyfin | grep NetworkMode
                "NetworkMode": "jellyfin_default",
    root@openmediavault:~# 

How did you install jellyfin? If you used docker-compose/stacks, you can set the network mode pretty easy.

Thank you for your guidance

What I see in Portainer is this

Should it be changed to this mode?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Thank you for your guidance

What I see in Portainer is this

Should it be changed to this mode?

It really shouldn't matter, but it won't hurt anything. What exact problem are you having? Again, how did you install jellyfin?

• It really shouldn't matter, but it won't hurt anything. What exact problem are you having? Again, how did you install jellyfin?

I installed Jellyfin on Docker, and I can browse through IP and port.

I though turned on DLNA in Jellyfin, but my TV at home couldn't find it.

Is it a network problem?

Thanks

version: "2.1"

services:

jellyfin:

image: lscr.io/linuxserver/jellyfin

container_name: jellyfin

environment:

- PUID=998

- PGID=100

- TZ=Asia/hongkong

volumes:

- /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-a03d61ac-182d-49d1-8f04-e51f2b380551/Applications/Docker/jellyfin/config:/config

- /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-a03d61ac-182d-49d1-8f04-e51f2b380551/Applications/Docker/jellyfin/cache:/cache

- /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-a533ba5e-c865-42bc-956a-9d45b36c6fc1/video4/TVseries:/data/TVseries1

- /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-f43a40c0-dcee-6a40-9bf7-bcb6ffeb6ec0/Video1:/data/movies1

ports:

- 8096:8096

- 1900:1900/udp

- 7359:7359/udp

devices:

- /dev/dri/renderD128:/dev/dri/renderD128

- /dev/dri/card0:/dev/dri/card0

restart: unless-stopped

• Offizieller Beitrag

Well, first stop watching dbtech and using 998 as your PUID. That (maybe) isn't the issue unless it's permission related.

I don't really use DLNA (honestly with Firesticks being so cheap it seems kinda pointless as you can turn almost any TV into a smart tv).

Assuming your TV and server are on the same network, I don't really l see how the hostname could be an issue. I suspect it's something to do with DLNA, but I don't use that feature and have no idea what.

• Well, first stop watching dbtech and using 998 as your PUID. That (maybe) isn't the issue unless it's permission related.

I don't really use DLNA (honestly with Firesticks being so cheap it seems kinda pointless as you can turn almost any TV into a smart tv).

Assuming your TV and server are on the same network, I don't really l see how the hostname could be an issue. I suspect it's something to do with DLNA, but I don't use that feature and have no idea what.

Okay, I understand now, thanks

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!