OMV-Extras on Debian 11

• Hi CAH1982

Look at the one marked in red

https://github.com/Wolf2000Pi

OMV6 Hewlett-Packard HPE-411at - Intel Core i7 CPU 870 @ 2.93GHz - 16GB Ram

Proxmox omv 7 sandworm Dell OptiPlex 7050 i5-6500 CPU @ 3.20GHz - 32GB Ram (Test!!!!)

• thanks ryecoaaron, can you put this valuable info on new post so other users can search/find it easy?.

• What says

Code
    Cat /usr/sbin/cpu-temp

Correct

sensors | grep -A3 k10temp | awk '$1 == "Tctl:" { print $2 }' | grep -o '[0-9.]\+' | sed 's/\.//'

Not correct

sensors | grep -A3 k10temp | awk '$1 == "Tctl:" { print $2 }' | grep -o '[0-9.]\+'

https://github.com/Wolf2000Pi

OMV6 Hewlett-Packard HPE-411at - Intel Core i7 CPU 870 @ 2.93GHz - 16GB Ram

Proxmox omv 7 sandworm Dell OptiPlex 7050 i5-6500 CPU @ 3.20GHz - 32GB Ram (Test!!!!)

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Wolf2000 ()

• Offizieller Beitrag

can you put this valuable info on new post so other users can search/find it easy?.

I can but I will regret it. Every system is going to be different and there are going to be lots of systems that require very strange methods. The reason the plugin doesn't do this is because I didn't want to support all of this.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• folder2ram allocates 50% of the ram. You can check with df -h.

That writes the ram to the drive, but does not free ram.

When you say it allocates 50% of the ram currently i have 16gb, so is 8gb just held back for it? the reason im asking is im uprading to 32gb, and 16gb just for this to hold seems a little excessive

Or can the system still use it if Flash2ram has say currently only used 1gb?

I`ve started to run VMs off the PC so i want to be able to allocate memory they need etc

• Offizieller Beitrag

When you say it allocates 50% of the ram currently i have 16gb, so is 8gb just held back for it? the reason im asking is im uprading to 32gb, and 16gb just for this to hold seems a little excessive

Or can the system still use it if Flash2ram has say currently only used 1gb?

I`ve started to run VMs off the PC so i want to be able to allocate memory they need etc

folder2ram doesn't allocate any memory. tmpfs does. And this happens whether the flashmemory plugin is installed or not. Allocating does not mean using. It just means tmpfs can use up to half the ram. You have nothing to worry about unless you are writing huge files to /tmp (once again not at fault of the flashmemory plugin).

• Ooooooo-- Pretty.... Now if I could just arrange them. :LOL:

Soma - I used puTTy to install the lm-sensors, and now I can see CPU Temp - I will remove the other plugin.

Where you get the lm-sensors?

Drinkin' rum before 10 am makes you a pirate, not an alcoholic..

AMD E-350 Processor - 4 GB RAM - 6.5.0-3 (Shaitan) - 64 GB SSD System, 1x 250 GB SSD, 2x 12 TB, 2x3 TB

• please look here

• Thanks a lot :)

I've an ASROCK AMD E350M1 board with AMD E-350 CPU. The CPU Temp button on the dashboard is red. What does this mean?

AMD E-350 Processor - 4 GB RAM - 6.5.0-3 (Shaitan) - 64 GB SSD System, 1x 250 GB SSD, 2x 12 TB, 2x3 TB

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Pinfeed ()

• After installin plugin i activated the CPU temp for dashboard. This button is red. Befor installing lm-sensors. I saw in screenshots here that the button is not red. So i think something went wrong during instaöllation.

• Plugin installiert. CPU Temp im Dashboard aktiviert. Dann erscheint im Dashboard der eintrag in rot.

das scheint mir schon falsch zu sein...

• Offizieller Beitrag

Plugin installiert. CPU Temp im Dashboard aktiviert. Dann erscheint im Dashboard der eintrag in rot.

Have you configured lm-sensors as the guide linked by Wolf2000 says?

• I'm not shure what to do. Found the plugin, installed it. It's red. Is it necessary to install lm-sensors? Because there is no word inside the download section. But I'll try to install it.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!