Poratiner cannot be installed

• OK - it becomes strange. I stopped all containers and installed docker manually.

1) Pull Command with portainer-ce:latest -> error

Code
    root@rpi42:~# docker run -d -p 8000:8000 -p 9443:9443 --name portainer --restart=unless-stopped -v /var/run/docker.sock:/var/run docker.sock -v portainer_data:/data portainer/portainer-ce:latest
    Unable to find image 'docker.sock:latest' locally
    docker: Error response from daemon: pull access denied for docker.sock, repository does not exist or may require 'docker login': denied: requested access to the resource is denied.
    See 'docker run --help'.

2) Pull Command with /portainer-ce:2.9.3 -> works

Code
    Unable to find image 'portainer/portainer-ce:2.9.3' locally
    2.9.3: Pulling from portainer/portainer-ce
    0ea73420e2bb: Pull complete
    c367f59be2e1: Pull complete
    9b835f06444c: Pull complete
    Digest: sha256:84676dfce8ab328e51990797cceff5131c1ff63c3a73f5ebf1397cad9aa42e3c
    Status: Downloaded newer image for portainer/portainer-ce:2.9.3
    9b128f4f592516e34321f8469957583b5a219ec5eda0ce7b9168421ae851467b

Now docker shows as runnning (also under OMV GUI) but I cannot access the portainer front end via my browser.

Ah: I changed the port and now I can access Portainer.

So the issue is the Portainer pull command

portainer-ce:latest does NOT pull vs "...portainer-ce:2.9.3" does pull

Any ideas why?

OMV6 i5-based PC

OMV6 on Raspberry Pi4

OMV5 on ProLiant N54L (AMD CPU)

• Ok, getting closer: there seems to be a specific problem with Portainer 2.16.2 (the latest version).

Up until container 2.16.1. the installation works fine, of course OMV GUI always generates a 'latest' command, which throws the erorr.

Unfortunately the stacks of my existing containers are not visible. Do you know how to import them into Portainer?

OMV6 i5-based PC

OMV6 on Raspberry Pi4

• Offizieller Beitrag

Unfortunately the stacks of my existing containers are not visible. Do you know how to import them into Portainer

Are your existing containers showing Portainer?, I think you can create a stack from a container, but I don't think you can import them + the objective of a stack is to create all the settings before deploying it

• Thanks for your help.

The stacks are not a big problem. Overall, Portainer works. I do not understand the cause of this issue though.

Have you seen this?

OMV6 i5-based PC

OMV6 on Raspberry Pi4

• unfortuantely not as i dont have the compose files. I used portainer with stacks

The STACK that you used on Portainer is the YML (docker-compose).

If you have it saved in a file on the system, it's a matter of recreating it again on Portainer.

If you don't have it, you can try this:

Code
    docker run --rm -it -v /var/run/docker.sock:/var/run/docker.sock:ro jauderho/docker-autocompose:latest <container name 1> <container name 2> <container name 3>

Change the values <container name> with the correspondent containers that belong to the same STACK.

• Sorry, out of ideas

Hello Soma. I found a solution here which fixed my Portainer installation via a manual workaround.

I dont understand the cause of the problem but it is Portainer-version related.

Any ideas why ?

OMV6 i5-based PC

OMV6 on Raspberry Pi4

• Hello Soma. I found a solution here which fixed my Portainer installation via a manual workaround.

I dont understand the cause of the problem but it is Portainer-version related.

Any ideas why ?

Sorry but have no ideas other than what I've gave you before.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!