Wireguard Plugin and Windows config

• Hello All,

thanks for putting together the Wireguard plugin. This is very easy to setup via QR-code and works out of the box with a Android and Applie IOS client. So thats impressive!!

Windows client howerver requires a file to upload. Is there a way in the OMV Plugin to download that file or is it stored anywhere on the OMV server?

thanks

OMV6 i5-based PC

OMV6 on Raspberry Pi4

OMV5 on ProLiant N54L (AMD CPU)

• Windows client howerver requires a file to upload

Scan the qrcode on your phone.

You'll have 2x configs there.

Now export and zip the configs on the android app and send them to the PC.

Use the one you want.

Not pretty but works

• Found a much better solution.

On the Plugin top bar there is a button with 3 lines. Click on it and the config file for windows client will be generated.

On Windows client click "Add Empty Tunnel" and drop this text into the text box.

Save and Activate the newly created Tunnel.

Important: Windows needs a DNS defined in the Wireguard Server Plugin (Mobile phone works with DNS disabled setting)

OMV6 i5-based PC

OMV6 on Raspberry Pi4

• Offizieller Beitrag

On the Plugin top bar there is a button with 3 lines. Click on it and the config file for windows client will be generated.

It isn't just for Windows. And the QR code is just the same config converted to an image. There is probably some windows utility that could convert the QR code to a config file as well.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• By the way - in some instances, a Wireguard connection attempt kills an existing Teamviewer session, if the WG-server is on the same network as one of the Teamviewer partners. Afterwards re-connecting of Teamviewer is not possible. I am not sure why.

OMV6 i5-based PC

OMV6 on Raspberry Pi4

• Offizieller Beitrag

in some instances, a Wireguard connection attempt kills an existing Teamviewer session, if the WG-server is on the same network as one of the Teamviewer partners. Afterwards re-connecting of Teamviewer is not possible.

Seems like a strange combination. Why would you use both? Obviously the plugin isn't intentionally causing this and almost guarantee there is nothing that can be done in the plugin to prevent this. I would guess the wireguard client is changing the network and teamviewer doesn't like it because its traffic is being routed to the server??

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!