Can't install omv-extras

• Hello all,

today I made a clean installation of OMV6 but I'm unable to install the plugin extras. I have reformat or reinstalled twice OMV with the same issues, somehow I'm not able to install it.

I'm using this command from the git hub and using terminal.

wget -O - https://github.com/OpenMediaVa…ckages/raw/master/install | bash

I did a omv-firstaid to config my network

and i did try with apt updates and apt ugprade and also tried the omv-upgrade (I did try several installations with the same situation) and without any upgrade at all.

this is my output

I have the same results if I do a clean installation, then upgrade all the packages but kernel goes from 5 to 6. Also another clean installation without updating anything got the same results. Did something change yesterday or the last few days? or I'm doing something wrong?

Also I see some comments on the logs about my terminal, I did use iterm2 but also tried with the terminal from my macbook, with the same results.

help!

• geaves

Hat das Thema freigeschaltet.
  • the outputs for apt install -f

Code
    Reading package lists... Done
    Building dependency tree... Done
    Reading state information... Done
    0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 118 not upgraded.

the outpust for dpkg reconfigure -a

Code
    dpkg: error: need an action option

Type dpkg --help for help about installing and deinstalling packages [*];
    Use 'apt' or 'aptitude' for user-friendly package management;
    Type dpkg -Dhelp for a list of dpkg debug flag values;
    Type dpkg --force-help for a list of forcing options;
    Type dpkg-deb --help for help about manipulating *.deb files;

Options marked [*] produce a lot of output - pipe it through 'less' or 'more' !
  • this is the ouput. , should I install the current package maintainer correct?

• after that some stuff installed and tried again to install the omv-extras without any success, the same errors I got from my first post but this is what I'm noticing.

could be the iso is wrong? or i should try another usb? not sure what is going on.

• it worked. Thank you.

just for anyone I did the netinstall debian minimum, then i followed the install guide OMV6 that Wolf2000 provided but in debian you dont use root user, so use sudo su in order to get into sudo on debian and do the bash copy and paste so you get the installation on the OMV.

after that i was able to install the OMV-Extras.

I'm thinking the iso of the current OMV may be corrupted or something changed. So the best option is doing

• minimal debian (netinstall)
    • omv6 scripts using sudo su. install sudo apt package and add your other user, since you can't loging as root via terminal for the copy and paste script. so you can ssh from windows/mac/linux and add your user to the sudoers group and paste scripts
    • installing script omv-extras
  • carolina

Hat das Label gelöst hinzugefügt.
    • Offizieller Beitrag

I'm guessing if it were corrupted we'd be seeing a ton of posts... so not really sure what happened. I'll test it in a VM in a bit.

Personally however... I've not used the omv ISO in ages. Not that there is anything wrong with it.. I just routinely have several Debian VM's (different GUI's, etc.), so rather than having a bunch of ISO's so I can easily reinstall them if I want to, I usually always have the netinstall ISO on my laptop.

It's small, doesn't take up much space, etc. So usually when I go to install OMV.. I've got a flash drive with the netinstall ISO on it somewhere. Just a matter of convenience for me. And the script makes it very very easy to get done.

• Offizieller Beitrag

This is actually what happens when someone installs with the OMV iso without an internet connection. It won't add the debian repos. The only repo added is the security repo since OMV itself adds it. Most packages aren't available in the security repo.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• I see, but I had some troubles installing the omv even with my ethernet cable connected like the installation hangs out. or waits too mucho. So I tried without internet and eventually used the omv-firstaid to setup the networking but I was unable to add the omv-extras or see the complete plugins.

I though when you download the iso you get the most updated version too.

But I notice more people recommends to install debian netinstaller minimal and install omv after that. I think was a better installation in this mode.

Thank you again..

• Offizieller Beitrag

I had some troubles installing the omv even with my ethernet cable connected like the installation hangs out. or waits too mucho

Yep, that is known. It is waiting for an ipv6 address. Plenty of threads on how to workaround that.

So I tried without internet and eventually used the omv-firstaid to setup the networking but I was unable to add the omv-extras or see the complete plugins.

omv-firstaid doesn't fix the repo problem that you create when installing without internet. Something has to manually fix /etc/apt/sources.list when you install without internet.

I though when you download the iso you get the most updated version too.

Nope. You get what is on the iso. If you use the debian netinst iso, you get the latest debian packages but you will need working internet and have to install OMV with the install script.

But I notice more people recommends to install debian netinstaller minimal and install omv after that

It is recommended for some special situations. I wouldn't say your situation demanded it but you end up with the right results if you follow the guide.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• omv-firstaid doesn't fix the repo problem that you create when installing without internet. Something has to manually fix /etc/apt/sources.list when you install without internet.

I have the same problem, I can't install ovm-extras. I installed the OVM without internet.

How do I install these missing repositories to manually fix /etc/apt/sources.list?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!