Incorrect date in OMV?!

• Two days ago, i noticed in my Owncloud's container running on OMV, that some folders have incorrect date (September 2023, November 2023, December 2023, etc...).

In the OMV's dashboard time and date are correct.

In the logs, under "Syslog", date and time are correct.

Under "S.M.A.R.T." all entries are December 2023.

I have the same "problem" in 4x OMV installation.

• It is your container having incorrect date. Not OMV. Perhaps it is just not using correct timezone. Depending on what image you use, there could be a env var or you could try to bind mount /etc/localtime:/etc/localtime:ro. That was necessary on some of my containers too.

• Offizieller Beitrag

It is your container having incorrect date. Not OMV. Perhaps it is just not using correct timezone. Depending on what image you use, there could be a env var or you could try to bind mount /etc/localtime:/etc/localtime:ro. That was necessary on some of my containers too.

That's about the easiest way to keep your containers time properly.. I add that all my containers irregardless if there's an enviornment variable that controls timezone or not.

Then as long as my host time is right, my container times are right... As he put however, just make sure you flag it :ro as that makes it read only.. so you don't have to worry about accidentally allowing a container to change your host time.

• It is your container having incorrect date. Not OMV. Perhaps it is just not using correct timezone. Depending on what image you use, there could be a env var or you could try to bind mount /etc/localtime:/etc/localtime:ro. That was necessary on some of my containers too.

Ehm, no; the time zone is correct in Owncloud and in OMV; if you take a look to the screenshots, you can see that some folders have the correct date and some not; in OMV, in the log's section, some have the correct date and some not.

Is not a timezone's problem.

• You should check the NTP sync and sources status. It is surely not OMV or chrony, but your hardware or the configured NTP server.

Code
    # chronyc tracking
    # chronyc sources

Thanks a lot for your answer. Here are the results of these commands:

I'm not sure what to conclude from this

• Offizieller Beitrag

Thanks a lot for your answer. Here are the results of these commands:

I'm not sure what to conclude from this

Looks all good IMO, except stratum 4 which means that there are 4 instances (I am not exactly sure here where stratum count starts) between your system and the original time server. The lesser the stratum the better.

• Update :

So I've fixed my problem. For an unknown reason, pool.ntp.org isn't working correctly at all for me. I changed to another server, I searched for the closest I could find. If you're in France, you can pick from this list : https://services.renater.fr/ntp/serveurs_francais . time.windows.com also works well. That's strange because pool.ntp.org is supposed to include all those french servers. So I've you're having the same issue, try some other servers.

• votdev

Hat das Label gelöst hinzugefügt.
  • votdev

Hat das Label OMV 6.x hinzugefügt.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!