rsnapshot delete quotes in rsync

• I use the rsnapshot plugin to backup my OMV data. The destination is mounted over smb.

Everything is backuped so it works :)

My issue is the exclude of directories starting with an . (dot) like .recycle or .thumbnails.

Excluding of a normal file or directory works fine. I guess it has to do with the hidden status of the Dotdirectories.

As I understand to include the hidden files in the exclude I have to use single quotes.

As arguments I tried different versions with single quotes or double quotes, like

--exclude '.recycle/'

but after executing the cron job in the log files I see that the quotes are gone

/usr/bin/rsync -a --exclude .recycle/ \

What do I not understand?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Try the following.

For hidden files:

Code
    --exclude=".*"

Folders:

Code
    --exclude=".*/"

Both:

Code
    --exclude=".[!.]*"

but after executing the cron job in the log files I see that the quotes are gone

/usr/bin/rsync -a --exclude .recycle/ \

Out of curiosity, does this change cause a problem with the transfer?

• Thanks for the explanation: Now it is clear for me!

Out of curiosity, does this change causing a problem with the transfer?

This is the topic of this thread: why are the quotes gone?

After the transfer the hidden folders are transfered and they are not hidden anymore at the destination.

Attached the screenshots about with the rsnapshot log and the settings.

When I transfer directly with rsync in OMV services, everything works as expected. Hidden folders are not transfered.

If I left the args field empty than the command is

/usr/bin/rsync -a --delete --numeric-ids --delete-excluded \

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!