[solved] Intel 13600k and OMV6, no /dev/dri

• I am unable to get any iGPU (no /dev/dri, vainfo below). lspci shows the intel gpu, i get console output, but I don't seem to have a renderer/acceleration. I've installed intel-media-va-driver, and can't seem to find guide or else where to go after about a day of googling.

If anyone has any experience or advice to offer it would be great. I'm happy to provide any logs/outputs that will help.

I'm also on the latest version of OMV6

Code
    openmediavault                   6.0.24-1

kernel

Code
    5.16.0-0.bpo.4-amd64 #1 SMP PREEMPT Debian 5.16.12-1~bpo11+1 (2022-03-08) x86_64 GNU/Linux

lspci

Code
    # lspci -nn | grep -Ei "3d|display|vga"
    00:02.0 VGA compatible controller [0300]: Intel Corporation Device [8086:a780] (rev 04)

vainfo

Code
    error: XDG_RUNTIME_DIR not set in the environment.
    error: can't connect to X server!
    error: failed to initialize display

Code
    ls /dev/dri
    ls: cannot access '/dev/dri': No such file or directory
  • Just an update, i switched to the proxmox 6.1 kernel and am now getting a different error message, that seems slightly more promising. /dev/dri exists.

Code
    6.1.2-1-pve #1 SMP PREEMPT_DYNAMIC PVE 6.1.2-1 (2023-01-10T00:00Z) x86_64 GNU/Linux

error from vainfo

Code
    error: XDG_RUNTIME_DIR not set in the environment.
    error: can't connect to X server!
    libva info: VA-API version 1.10.0
    libva info: Trying to open /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri/iHD_drv_video.so
    libva info: Found init function __vaDriverInit_1_10
    libva error: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri/iHD_drv_video.so init failed
    libva info: va_openDriver() returns 1
    libva info: Trying to open /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri/i965_drv_video.so
    libva info: va_openDriver() returns -1
    vaInitialize failed with error code -1 (unknown libva error),exit
  • I've got a monitor plugged in, I saw that as a possible troubleshooting step as well. Sadly no dice on that one. In UEFI the display is set to cpu graphics so it's certainly enabled. My concern is that with how new the cpu is, the repo's might be a bit to far behind. This might be me getting bit by the bleeding edge, but I was hoping it's something else.

• Okay so I think I found the solution, the intel-media-driver from the bullseye-backports repo combined with the latest proxmox kernel (6.1) has it working.

uname -a

Code
    6.1.6-1-pve #1 SMP PREEMPT_DYNAMIC PVE 6.1.6-1 (2023-01-28T00:00Z) x86_64 GNU/Linux

apt list --installed | grep intel-media

Code
    intel-media-va-driver/bullseye-backports,now 22.6.5+dfsg1-1~bpo11+1 amd64 [installed]

So if in the future anyone runs into this issue, being on intel-meida-va-driver of 22.6.5 and kernel 6.1.6 seems to work, hopefully this doesn't remain something you need to do for long as packages should be updated for intel 13th gen processors.

• kedearian

Hat den Titel des Themas von „Intel 13600k and OMV6, no /dev/dri“ zu „[solved] Intel 13600k and OMV6, no /dev/dri“ geändert.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!