docker not working since omv-upgrade

• Offizieller Beitrag

Did not noticed OMV is against apparmour.

Is there a reason for it?

OMV isn't against it. It just isn't installed and has been that way for a long time. docker makes it a bit more difficult to just install it and hope everything works. My dev system still had issues with apparmor installed. So, I'm not going to just recommend people install apparmor to fix this issue.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

t would seem sensible to have OMV accomodate apparmor where appropriate.

There is nothing OMV that is not accommodating apparmor. docker is the only thing I have found and that is not OMV. omv-extras can install it but it still isn't part of OMV.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• There is nothing OMV that is not accommodating apparmor. docker is the only thing I have found and that is not OMV. omv-extras can install it but it still isn't part of OMV.

So, this is the best desicion?

Code
    sudo mkdir -p /etc/default/grub.d
    echo 'GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="$GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT apparmor=0"' | sudo tee /etc/default/grub.d/apparmor.cfg
    sudo update-grub
    sudo reboot

It works for me, so Can I exhale and continue to work calmly with my OMV?

OMV 6.
    Motherboard: Intel DP55WG
    CPU: Intel Xeon X3470
    12GB DDR3 RAM
    WD Black WD5000LPSX - system
    WD Blue 4GB x4 - RAID 10
    500GB SSD x2 - RAID 1 for VM's and Docker containers

• Offizieller Beitrag

his is the best desicion?

I think it is. OMV has not been using apparmor. This just disables at the OS level since docker thinks it is enabled because apparmor-utils is not installed. Installing apparmor-utils will install apparmor which can cause issue (not saying apparmor is bad - I use it on Ubuntu).

Can I exhale and continue to work calmly with my OMV?

Yes

• I think it is. OMV has not been using apparmor. This just disables at the OS level since docker thinks it is enabled because apparmor-utils is not installed. Installing apparmor-utils will install apparmor which can cause issue (not saying apparmor is bad - I use it on Ubuntu).

Yes

Thx! You're the best!=)

OMV 6.
    Motherboard: Intel DP55WG
    CPU: Intel Xeon X3470
    12GB DDR3 RAM
    WD Black WD5000LPSX - system
    WD Blue 4GB x4 - RAID 10
    500GB SSD x2 - RAID 1 for VM's and Docker containers

• It works for Odroid HC-2 (armbian, ODROID-XU4 platform).

But I had to create not exist file armbianEnv.txt (/boot/armbianEnv.txt)

Thank you

• On my baremetal OMV6 (x86), the docker does not start and samba (smbd) crash with a segfault.

Installing apparmor-utils does not solve the problem but disable apparmor works fine.

Thank you for the solution.

• That works for me:

https://docs.docker.com/engine/release-notes/23.0/#known-issues

Error response from daemon: AppArmor enabled on system but the docker-default profile could not be loaded: running `apparmor_parser apparmor_parser --version` failed with output:

error: exec: "apparmor_parser": executable file not found in $PATH

Error: failed to start containers: somecontainer

The workaround to this issue is to install the apparmor-utils package manually:

apt-get install apparmor-utils

• Offizieller Beitrag

That is mentioned in a previous post in the thread. But that command installs apparmor as well (dependency of apparmor-utils) which may cause issues on systems.

• I've had the same problem on my Odroid HC2, I fixed it by downgrading the docker-ce and docker-ce-cli packages, then restarting the docker service:

Code
    sudo apt install docker-ce-cli=5:20.10.23~3-0~debian-bullseye
    sudo apt install docker-ce=5:20.10.23~3-0~debian-bullseye
    sudo service docker restart

Thank you, thats solve my problem! after that install portainer on gui thats all..

• Thank you, thats solve my problem! after that install portainer on gui thats all..

That workaround solved for me.

Code
    echo 'GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="$GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT apparmor=0"' | sudo tee /etc/default/grub.d/apparmor.cfg
    sudo update-grub
    sudo reboot

Tried also this workaround, but with no luck

;)

• I am starting a fresh install on my media server; heavily dependent on Docker. Would it make sense to apply this fix now prior to installing Docker?

Here is the solution to disable apparmor on the system and it worked on my test system (not harmful since apparmor package is not installed):

Code
    sudo update-grub
    sudo reboot

Taken from: https://wiki.debian.org/AppArmor/HowToUse#Disable_AppArmor

Version7.0-32 (Sandworm)
    ProcessorAMD EPYC 7302P 16-Core Processor
    KernelLinux 6.1.15-1-pve
    HardwareDell R7515
  • I am stuck with no portainer, question if I just use OMV6 without omv-extras what am I losing. Will I still have

access to the miniDLNA pluggin, file browser or KMV or do these rely on docker?

OMV Version: 6.9.12-3 (Shaitan) Kernel: Linux 6.1.0-0.deb11.13-amd64 Proxmox VM

Services: MiniDLNA | File Server (streaming and file transfers that's it.)
    System: HP Pavillion 595 | I7-8700 ( 2 vCores) | 2.1 GB Ram | 32GB VM Sys Drv | 5TB USB Media Drive | Jan 24'

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von ED-209 ()

• I was freaking out yesterday after the update to docker when all my dockers and portainer all of a sudden stopped working. I reverted back to the previous versions of docker as a temporary fix. After reading all the posts in this thread, is this the recommended "workaround"?

Code
    apt-get install apparmor-utils

Then

Code
    sudo update-grub
    sudo reboot

To disable apparmor for the time being?

Am I missing any steps or should this be good for now?

Thank you everyone for your assistance in getting to the bottom of this strange issue.

• Here is the solution to disable apparmor on the system and it worked on my test system (not harmful since apparmor package is not installed):

Code
    sudo update-grub
    sudo reboot

I eventually found my way here because of the same problem. I ran that command in Putty which got my Plex and qBittorrent to work again. However I can no longer go to the OMVExtras page when logged into my server's GUI. It says Software Failure. Do I now have to re-install omv-extras somehow?

Version: 7.0-32 (Sandworm)

Kernel: Linux 6.1.0-18-amd64

• Offizieller Beitrag

I eventually found my way here because of the same problem. I ran that command in Putty which got my Plex and qBittorrent to work again. However I can no longer go to the OMVExtras page when logged into my server's GUI. It says Software Failure. Do I now have to re-install omv-extras somehow?

Try clearing your browser cache.

While on the OMV webUI, Cntrl +Shift + R

• Here is the solution to disable apparmor on the system and it worked on my test system (not harmful since apparmor package is not installed):

Code
    sudo update-grub
    sudo reboot

Thanks a lot. Worked for me also :saint::thumbup:
    You saved my day ^^

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!