docker not working since omv-upgrade

• Offizieller Beitrag

My netdata container has cap_add: SYS_PTRACE enabled.

And I can see netdata making a lot of calls. That is most likely your logger.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• I have SYS_PTRACE enabled in netdata and no journal entries since Friday.

Code
    root@omv:/var/log/journal/78a0747a30104ea9a04aedab22a30f62# journalctl --since=yesterday
    -- Journal begins at Sun 2022-05-08 14:55:37 AEST, ends at Fri 2023-02-03 13:14:45 AEDT. --
    -- No entries --
    root@omv:/var/log/journal/78a0747a30104ea9a04aedab22a30f62#

OMV 6 Lenovo M910q - Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6500T CPU @ 2.50GHz 16GB RAM

• I have SYS_PTRACE enabled in netdata and no journal entries since Friday.

Code
    root@omv:/var/log/journal/78a0747a30104ea9a04aedab22a30f62# journalctl --since=yesterday
    -- Journal begins at Sun 2022-05-08 14:55:37 AEST, ends at Fri 2023-02-03 13:14:45 AEDT. --
    -- No entries --
    root@omv:/var/log/journal/78a0747a30104ea9a04aedab22a30f62#

If you have apparmor disabled you will not see any ptrace journal entries from netdata.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• Ok i enableb apparmor and docker is working again. Only one strange error remains. After booting portainer will only find the inveronment with de portainer install. If i the restart docker again it will find the envronment wilth all my cotainers installed. And i will still only show 1 envoronment.

It looks as if portainer is up and running before my file system is up.

• Is it possible to make a summary of the problem and the various solutions? I find it very difficult to determine the correct sollution for me. From what i read there are 2 possibillties:

1. Completely disable apparmor in your OS

2. install apparmor on OMV and configure it.

The one or the other seems to be dependant on logging, but what and how is beyond my limited experience.

• Here is the solution to disable apparmor on the system and it worked on my test system (not harmful since apparmor package is not installed):

Code
    sudo mkdir -p /etc/default/grub.d
    echo 'GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="$GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT apparmor=0"' | sudo tee /etc/default/grub.d/apparmor.cfg
    sudo update-grub
    sudo reboot

Taken from: https://wiki.debian.org/AppArmor/HowToUse#Disable_AppArmor

Thanks ryecoaaron.

I too ran into trouble after the update. Your solution got me back up and running.

• Hello, is this solution definitely for Armbian???

Add extraargs=apparmor=0 to ArmbianEnv.txt

Because I've already run the script from ryecoaaron, I'm afraid that my nano pi won't boot anymore 8|

Armbian hat doch kein Grub :evil:

[LibreELEC @ 2x RPi3, CoreELEC @ S12 Octa Core]

[ NAS OMV 5.xx (Usul) @ NanoPI M4 ]

[ Nextcloud 18.0.4 @ ODROID C2 ]

[ Motioneye @ RPi4]

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Aux ()

• Guys iam new to the whole thingy. My portainer also doesn't work anymore, how do i fix it? Seems that it not listen at port 9000 anymore? :/ My installation of PLEX inside portainer does work. I dont get it...Restart, reinstall etc. doens't help.

ty

• Worked for my RockPro64 running Armbian. No other changes needed.

• So I saw a bunch of people having issues with this and have held off updating anything in OMV. Has this been addressed? Am I able to simply update in the webGUI and be fine? Or should I continue to hold off for some proper fix? I am trying to avoid running anything in terminal, unless you're telling me that's the only way to fix it and move forward...

• This has been solved and the solutions have been repeatedly posted to the forum. Have you read any of those posts? You will have apply the fix in the terminal.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• A massive shout out to this amazing community. I updated my OMV this morning (Australia) and started to freak out when it went pear shaped. Copied the error message, found this thread and was back up and running in under 10 minutes! Love to you all from Down Under

• This has been solved and the solutions have been repeatedly posted to the forum. Have you read any of those posts? You will have apply the fix in the terminal.

I read the solutions as workarounds and thought that OMV updater would be pushing out some fix. I guess lucky for me I know it will throw errors once I update and can refer to fixes immediately from this thread. I was thinking of people who may not know and will just hit update blindly...

• Didn't work for me. I used armbian-config's "edit boot-enviroment", added "xextraargs=apparmor=0" and after a reboot I still get:

Code
    docker start portainer
    Error response from daemon: AppArmor enabled on system but the docker-default profile could not be loaded: running `apparmor_parser apparmor_parser --version` failed with output:
    error: exec: "apparmor_parser": executable file not found in $PATH
    Error: failed to start containers: portainer

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!