Simultaneous use of "Balance Pool" Command on MergerFS with File transfer opertaion on Network.

• Hello,

I was moving 1.5Tb data from Windows10 attached usb HDD to 5Tb mergerfs pool of 5 1TB disks on my SnapRaid OMV server and then I ran out of disk space on one of the drives. I have started MergerFS balance operation and it is taking a long time. My Question is can I resume the interrupted file transfer operation simultaneously from Windows10 system while MergerFS balance is in progress on the OMV server or should I wait for the Balance command to finish what it is doing first?

Thanks,

Navi

EDIT: Balancing Operation took 3 Hours and just finished. Now, I have resumed Network transfer. But, it would be nice to know the answer to above question.

UPDATE: Looks like MergerFS "Load balance" operation can go on regardless of other network activity.

OMV 6.9.0-1 (Shaitan) on ASROCK B560M-ITX/ac Motherboard, 16GB DDR4 RAM, Intel Pentium Gold 6405 CPU, Silverstone ECS06 6 Ports SATA Gen3x2 (6Gbps) Non-RAID PCI-e card, 7(2Parity+5Data) Toshiba 2.5 inch Laptop SATA HDD's 1TB each for Data, SnapRaid with MergerFS plugin, Kingston USB-3 Data Traveler Exodia DTX/32 GB Pen Drive for Root/OS, 128GB SATA SSD for use by DOCKER and spare 128 GB PCIE M.2 SSD. Motherboard has 4 native SATA ports and 1 M.2 PCIE port. SilverStone Sugo SG13 Case.

3 Mal editiert, zuletzt von NsinghP ()

• NsinghP

Hat den Titel des Themas von „Simulaneous use of "Balance Pool" Command on MergerFS with File transfer opertaion on Network.“ zu „Simultaneous use of "Balance Pool" Command on MergerFS with File transfer opertaion on Network.“ geändert.
    • Offizieller Beitrag

UPDATE: Looks like MergerFS "Load balance" operation can go on regardless of other network activity.

I believe the balance tool continues to work, regardless of disk I/O, until the target "percentage used" rule is satisfied. (By default, it balances within 2%, across all drives.) At that point it stops.

Thereafter, if disk I/O continues, the storage policy is in effect. Depending on the policy, drives may begin to get out of balance again.

• I believe the balance tool continues to work, regardless of disk I/O, until the target "percentage used" rule is satisfied. (By default, it balances within 2%, across all drives.) At that point it stops.

Thereafter, if disk I/O continues, the storage policy is in effect. Depending on the policy, drives may begin to get out of balance again.

beautifully balanced data HDDs (5 HDDs from sdd1 to sdh1, within 2% of each other, after uploading family pictures and videos: (Note1:sdb1 is the data drive for PhotoPrism and not part of MergerFS) (Note2: sda1 and sdc1 are Snapraid parity drives at 1% each.)

OMV 6.9.0-1 (Shaitan) on ASROCK B560M-ITX/ac Motherboard, 16GB DDR4 RAM, Intel Pentium Gold 6405 CPU, Silverstone ECS06 6 Ports SATA Gen3x2 (6Gbps) Non-RAID PCI-e card, 7(2Parity+5Data) Toshiba 2.5 inch Laptop SATA HDD's 1TB each for Data, SnapRaid with MergerFS plugin, Kingston USB-3 Data Traveler Exodia DTX/32 GB Pen Drive for Root/OS, 128GB SATA SSD for use by DOCKER and spare 128 GB PCIE M.2 SSD. Motherboard has 4 native SATA ports and 1 M.2 PCIE port. SilverStone Sugo SG13 Case.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!