File manager for remote and USB mount points

• Good morning. I need to mount USB drives and remote shares on OMV to copy their files. Mounting already solved but I'm in doubt about the best way to make this copy. I didn't want to have to do it through the command line or through Windows Explorer, nor through some synchronization task. I have installed FileBrowser via Docker but I don't think it allows me to easily access these volumes. Is there any web file manager that would allow me to access these mount points and perform this task? Or some way that allows me to do this with more control?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Good morning. I need to mount USB drives and remote shares on OMV to copy their files. Mounting already solved but I'm in doubt about the best way to make this copy. I didn't want to have to do it through the command line or through Windows Explorer, nor through some synchronization task. I have installed FileBrowser via Docker but I don't think it allows me to easily access these volumes. Is there any web file manager that would allow me to access these mount points and perform this task? Or some way that allows me to do this with more control?

I like cloudcmd personally.

I think it's about the best web based file browser docker there is.

Deploy... Go to ip:8701 and click on SERVER and you'll see all your drives under /srv.. then just copy/paste them wherever you want.

• I like cloudcmd personally.

I think it's about the best web based file browser docker there is.

Deploy... Go to ip:8701 and click on SERVER and you'll see all your drives under /srv.. then just copy/paste them wherever you want.

Thanks. I will take a look. A question arose: if I select the files and start copying, can I close the browser? I'm migrating from a NAS to OMV and on the NAS I can start a task in the file manager and close the mobile application or close the browser and the task continues to run. I would need it to work that way because I have a lot of files that will probably take dozens of hours to be copied and I didn't want to have to leave my PC on with the browser open for that.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Thanks. I will take a look. A question arose: if I select the files and start copying, can I close the browser? I'm migrating from a NAS to OMV and on the NAS I can start a task in the file manager and close the mobile application or close the browser and the task continues to run. I would need it to work that way because I have a lot of files that will probably take dozens of hours to be copied and I didn't want to have to leave my PC on with the browser open for that.

Code

That I'm not really sure.. I don't really use it to copy files much.. and if I do they're usually relatively small so it's not something I've ever really ran into.

• Using Midnight Commander in a ssh connection you can run screen first and disconnect after starting the transfer.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!