Clonezilla reboot when finished

• I successfully imaged my O.S. internal nvme drive using Clonzilla from the kernel plugin.

Using the GUI I set boot to Clonezilla once. Then ssh into Clonezilla and selected the backup options. One of the options was to reboot the system when the backup completed. However I could not get this to work. Instead of rebooting it gave some kind of error and went to command prompt. I had to manually restart with "sudo reboot".

Any idea why this didn't work?

My end goal is to create a system scheduled task that will boot to Clonezilla once, run Clonezilla to perform a backup (with preseeded configs), and then reboot.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Any idea why this didn't work?

Since the kernel plugin is just downloading a clonezilla iso and the reboot command worked from the command line, the clonezilla people would need to help with that one.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Thanks for the replies.

This is the last few lines of the shell when the image finished. I had selected "reboot" in the options.

I guess there was no error except "The mounted bitlocker device was not found. Skip unmounting it." First I had to had to hit "enter" then to reboot I had to type "sudo reboot".

I tried a Clonezilla USB stick using the same options and it did reboot when finished.

• ...My end goal is to create a system scheduled task that will boot to Clonezilla once, run Clonezilla to perform a backup (with preseeded configs), and then reboot.

After a few hours of searching with my friend "Google", I figured a way to schedule an unattended Clonzilla backup of my O.S. drive using the openmediavault-kernel plugin with Clonezilla installed. This website was my inspiration Automated Clonezilla Backup/Restore

These are the steps I took to get it working with my hardware.

1. Created a file called "43_clonezilla" (modified copy of 42_clonezilla) in /etc/grub.d

Bash
    #!/bin/sh
    exec tail -n +3 $0
    menuentry 'Clonezilla Live Unattended' {
      set isofile="/boot/clonezilla-live-3.0.2-21-amd64.iso"
      loopback loop $isofile
      linux (loop)/live/vmlinuz boot=live live-config noswap edd=on nomodeset ocs_prerun="mount /dev/sda1 /mnt" ocs_prerun1="mount --bind /mnt/Backup/restore /home/partimag/" ocs_live_run="ocs-sr -q2 --batch -z1p -sc -p reboot savedisk autoname nvme0n1" ocs_live_extra_param="" keyboard-layouts=NONE locales="en_US.UTF-8" vga=788 nosplash toram=filesystem.squashfs findiso=$isofile
      initrd (loop)/live/initrd.img
    }

2. Updated grub in terminal with "sudo update-grub"

3. In Openmediavault System / Scheduled tasks, I created a scheduled task using these commands

Code
    grub-reboot "Clonezilla Live Unattended"; systemctl reboot

I have a 256GB nvme drive with 8.6GB used space and the Clonezilla backup image is 4.1GB. Running the scheduled task manually took less than 5 minutes to complete.

So, would it be feasible to add a Clonezilla option to the openmediavault-backup plugin?

• Offizieller Beitrag

would it be feasible to add a Clonezilla option to the openmediavault-backup plugin?

No. Clonezilla doesn't boot on arm systems. Arm doesn't use grub and the ISOs installed by the kernel plugin don't have a boot release for every arm board that armbian supports. Hence why the kernel plugin only supports i386 and amd64.

A plugin could be made but it would be problematic for a lot of folks but very difficult to diagnose because you are rebooting the system into another OS and hoping it comes back. Many people don't have local access to their system if it doesn't come back from Clonezilla. If everyone had ipmi, sure it would be ok.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!