OMV 6.3.0-2 released Feb 10, 2023 and the GUI is fast!

• The "current stable" version of OMV is 6.0.24, but the newest release is actually 6.3.0-2 and the improvements in the GUI speed that I've experienced are simply stunning! I have a LOT of drives and shares and the GUI used to take a lot of time to build pages but not any more. I'm not sure whether smaller installations will notice the change quite as much, but for me, I'd say that the GUI interface is 3x - 4x faster than it was.

I'm just a user, and not a dev, but I felt like this sort of dramatic improvement merited an announcement, so I decided to post one.

• Offizieller Beitrag

The "current stable" version of OMV is 6.0.24,

No. That is the current ISO version. Since OMV is just a package and you can update to the latest from the Updates tab, the installed version means very little.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

The latest package update was a dramatic improvement. I'm attempting to hand out kudos here.

I understand and wasn't trying to take that away. I was just correcting that 6.0.24 is not the latest stable version. I'm glad you are happy with it and wish I knew why it was faster.

• Offizieller Beitrag

The OMV page that lists the "current stable version" takes the visitor to the 6.0.24 download page. That's the page that Google brought up for me when I did the search "OMV stable". If there's a newer stable version, then it might be a good idea for someone to update that link. :)

What you are referring to is the latest ISO image. ISO != package version. Due the nature of how OMV and the underlying Debian are working related to updates it is not necessary to upload a new ISO on every new package version of openmediavault.

• just upgraded to openmediavault_6.5.0-3_all.deb from version 5, stable, and 2 earlier versions of 6, which had locked me out of the dashboard, but all configured services were functional.. I thought i might take a while to get an update! Very happy that all is now working well. ps. tried omv first, then the two versions of TrueNAS; neither of which was suitable, deb version has no apt. i like omv because i can still install and run any other thing on it, ie also apache2 (3 ssl domains) nextcloud, plex, cyrypto mining and a crypto node. and just installing wazuh in docker, as i could not get its dashboard installed natively, as it uses port 443, even when edited to 44301. Installed on Dell Optiplex 3020 mini - Haswell Core i3 4060T (multi-threading desktop processor) 3.1Ghz with 10Gb RAM, 16 Max. OMV installed on Crucial MX 512Gb (42% full, inc 170Gb node & plex). NAS Storage nfs Samba & Time Machine is on USB3 connected 1Tb. Samsung EVO SSD. Dell has a M2 A&E key slot, which can be converted to M key for Nvme; or 2x SSD. 19v input. Powered 24/7 by 24v 1.5Kw. solar, DIY 310Ah Lifepo4 battery.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!