OMV 5 on a ARM based QNAP TS410

• nope, i had the current buster armel kernel after starting from netinst, and then at the end of installing OMV it did flash an other kernel that was a bunch of bytes bigger than the debian buster kernel for armel architecture...

back with my first try with buster and omv5 i had to reparition my flash drive with the bullseye fix to get the omv5 kernel into the flash rom.

see this post of mine:

I suspect my flash drive is a bit too smal for that kernel.

ryecoaaron any sugestion how to proceed? (short of modifying the QNAP flash partitions)

and my box did so again with bullseye, bullseye was up to date, then with omv6 i got an other kernel flashed.

however, on second try installing omv it went right through with no big complaints. pupulating the DB right now.

Therefore I can report, the QNAP TS-410 works with debian buster and OMV5 as well as with debian bullseye and OMV6. However, the interface is pretty slow. Klick something, be prepared to wait a few to 10 seconds to get the data you want to see. Setting it up the first time is a real PITA, but then you got a box with more options than with the QTS, your ROOT and smb file transfere is as fast.

To summ it up, im happy with it.

*I change back the titel to OMV6 on bullseye as thats what it is now*

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!