bindfs breaks SharedFolder WebUi

• Hi all,

today i tried to bind mount some folders with other user rights via "fuse.bindfs" in "/etc/fstab"

as mentioned in this thread:

correct-way-of-adding-fuse-bindfs-mount

Need this to have set the right users for some docker containers to access the files (f.e. nextcloud-aio, librephotos)

Code: /etc/fstab
    # <<< [openmediavault]

/srv/mergerfs/mediaprivat    /mnt/bindfs/nc_mediaprivat        fuse.bindfs    force-user=33,force-group=0,perms=0776        0    0
    /srv/mergerfs/mediaprivat    /mnt/bindfs/lp_mediaprivat        fuse.bindfs    force-user=0,force-group=0,perms=0776        0    0

mounting did work, also for reboot.

but when i then try to open the web for my shared folders section

it doesn't list anything anymore and gives the following error:

Zitat

500 - Internal Server Error

Couldn't extract a UUID from the provided path '/mnt/bindfs/nc_mediaprivat'.

I'am doing sth. wrong? :/

Is there an other solution to change user rights, but let them be accessible via f.e. other OMV services or other docker containers? :S

Or may be an plugin for fuse.bindfs like the mergerfs plugin possible? ;)

Kind Regards

Sven

• Offizieller Beitrag

I'm probably the wrong person to answer you, but the thread you pointed to, #4 if you are trying to this manually, but why when there is a plugin mergerfs to this

Your first error is OMV is looking for the UUID of the drive/s your set up does not reference that.

BTW if you use mergerfs, then config docker containers have to point to a single on the mergerfs pool

Raid is not a backup! Would you go skydiving without a parachute?

OMV 6x amd64 running on an HP N54L Microserver

• I'm probably the wrong person to answer you, but the thread you pointed to, #4 if you are trying to this manually, but why when there is a plugin mergerfs to this

Your first error is OMV is looking for the UUID of the drive/s your set up does not reference that.

BTW if you use mergerfs, then config docker containers have to point to a single on the mergerfs pool

Maybe you are the wrong person to answer, ;)

but you pushed me into the right direction.

I used the mergerfs root directory as an sharedfolder,

and referencing in bindfs to the root of the mergerfs doesn't work.

Using an directory inside the mergerfs root works without that error

changing

Code
    /srv/mergerfs/mediaprivat    /mnt/bindfs/nc_mediaprivat        fuse.bindfs    force-user=33,force-group=0,perms=0776        0    0

to

Code
    /srv/mergerfs/mediaprivat/berger    /mnt/bindfs/nc_mediaprivat_berger        fuse.bindfs    defaults,force-user=33,force-group=0,perms=0776        0    0

Thanky you.

will mark it as solved

Kind Regards

Sven

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!