Can NOT create share

• When I try to add a shared folder (Storage/Shared Folders/Create) it asks for a file system and has an arrow for selecting from list but there are no items in pull down list and it will not let me type anything and I can Not save it. So I can NOT create a share. :(

So I went to Storage/File systems/Create and tried to add a file system. It would not let me select a device.

What am I doing wrong???

What file system type should I use? I want to be able to remove the hard disk from the OMV server and then use it as a USB drive on Windows 10.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Does the drive have Data on it? Moving it from your server to OMV is probably not the best way to do this. Just share the USB over SMB and move data to it that way.. and leave it hooked to the server.

• Offizieller Beitrag

What file system type should I use?

For a drive attached to OMV? Use EXT4 as the guide from -> this post recommended. Wipe the drive (all data is lost), format it EXT4 and mount it as demo'ed in the doc.

I want to be able to remove the hard disk from the OMV server and then use it as a USB drive on Windows 10.

As KM0201 has already stated, that's not a good idea. OMV was not designed for hot plugging external drives. (While it may work, it's not very reliable.)

BTW: While it's possible to connect an NTFS formatted drive to OMV, NTFS permissions are not fully supported which may result in problems. OMV is designed to work with posix compliant file systems (which NTFS is not). If you set up an SMB share, which is compatible with Windows files, it will be easy to copy your data over the network.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!