Ajaxplorer plugin not working

• New to Linux but have been using OMV for a while - super server.

I have an HP microserver and six HDD. I require filemanagement within all the drives.
    Getting a little fed up of using CLI via SSH directly on the server to manage the files (cp -r... mv... rm -r... etc etc)

Was looking for web based file manager. came across Ajaxplorer here:

I went to the link here http://ajaxplorer.info/download/ and followed the Debian insructions to download and install Ajaxplorer on OMV.
    All went fine.

Then, I found this link http://bugtracker.openmediavault.org/view.php?id=142 and downloaded the draft Ajaxplorer plugin by whren.
    I installed the plugin and now there's a new service (it is enabled by default). I disabled and then enabled it again to force Apache restart.

From my PC (using Chrome), I browse <mypaddress>/ajaxplorer.
    I get a page with Ajaxplorer Diagnostic Tool output with one error and two warning as shown here:

If I click the " simply click here to continue to Ajaxplorer", I get a Server Error "HTTP Error 500 (Internal Server Error)"

I changed the permissions to /usr/share/ajaxplorer with chmod -R 777 but still made no difference.
    Rebooting makes not difference.

Anyone any idea what needs to be done to make this plugin / app to work ?

HP Microserver N40L; OMV 6.1.1-1 (Shaitan)

• Zitat von "stonerhawk"

I've just followed instructions on ajaxplorer site, and everything is working

Good to hear it works.
    Did you install the plugin too ?

I wonder what's up with my install.

• Zitat von "macnb"

Good to hear it works.
    Did you install the plugin too ?

I wonder what's up with my install.

I have the same issue as you. I installed per the website first and then added the plugin.

• Zitat von "george993"

Ok, I finally got it to work. I uninstalled both, the plugin and the manual install. Then, I just installed the plugin and it works.

Hmmm...I just tried that and still no joy ;(

I get exactly the same behavior.

I removed Ajaxplorer using

Code
    apt-get remove ajaxplorer

I removed the plugin via the OMV web gui.

Is that what you did to uninstall ?

• That's exactly what I did but in the reverse order if that makes any difference. Then I reinstalled just the plugin from the web interface.

• OK. So I did what was suggested by george993 (Thx):

1. Uninstal Ajaxplorer plugin
    2. apt-get remove ajaxplorer
    3. install ajaxplorer plugin
    4. browse to <myipaddress>/ajaxplorer

Success !
    Very strange that it works even after removing the debian ajaxplorer package.

However, after all this trouble, I am not impressed with ajaxplorer :roll: .
    I wanted to use it drag n drop files WITHIN several HDD's but it is NOT designed to simply to do that.
    e.g. I cannot see any existing files except the "Default" folder and "My Files". These reside SOMEWHERE on the server ...damn if I can find them.
    I certainly cannot see any of my HDD's.

I tried creating a "Repository" ..whatever that is...and called it ROOT and entered the path / but it says I do not have right access. Huh !

Or....it is simply not working as the package is removed ?

• You have to create repositories that point to each of the locations to get access to your drives. I had to create one for each of my drives, ie /media/xxxxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxxxx/drive1. I haven't tried to copy across disks but it works for moving files around. I couldn't get access to root either, I think it's a permissioning issue. I did notice that files/directories created by it are under the "openmediavault" user. I'm not sure how to change that..

• Zitat von "george993"

You have to create repositories that point to each of the locations to get access to your drives. I had to create one for each of my drives, ie /media/xxxxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxxxx/drive1. I haven't tried to copy across disks but it works for moving files around. I couldn't get access to root either, I think it's a permissioning issue. I did notice that files/directories created by it are under the "openmediavault" user. I'm not sure how to change that..

Thx for the tip. I have my drives mapped liked yours. I created two repositories (one for drive0 and one for drive1). Ajax will only allow you to copy files and NOT folders. It is NOT drag-n-drop either (not between repos). The interface is not intuitive and very slow.

Will unsintall it now.

Will try ExtPlorer...just need to figure out how to install onto OMV (like the Ajax plugin).

• I've tried the steps you've mentioned above. I got as far as installing manually but I had missing dependencies for PHP 5. For some reason I can't get it installed. So l looked at the plugin provided. When I go to the plugins to upload it seems to do something but nothing is shown. Other plugins allow me to actually install it. What am I missing? Is the .deb file suppossed to be so small. Would anyone be willing to give me a quick run down on how to get it running after a fresh install. I'm running OMV 0.3

Thanks in advance.

$ sudo apt-get install ajaxplorer
    Reading package lists... Done
    Building dependency tree
    Reading state information... Done
    Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
    requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
    distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
    or been moved out of Incoming.
    The following information may help to resolve the situation:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
    ajaxplorer : Depends: php5-gd but it is not going to be installed
    Depends: php5-mcrypt but it is not going to be installed
    E: Broken packages

$ sudo apt-get install php5-gd
    Reading package lists... Done
    Building dependency tree
    Reading state information... Done
    Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
    requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
    distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
    or been moved out of Incoming.
    The following information may help to resolve the situation:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
    php5-gd : Depends: libgd2-xpm (>= 2.0.36~rc1~dfsg) but it is not installable
    Depends: libjpeg62 (>= 6b1) but it is not installable
    Depends: libxpm4 but it is not installable
    E: Broken packages
    $

• Hello,

I have a question regarding creating new repository.
    Short summary:
    -------------
    -OS (OMV) running on USB
    -2 HDDs (internal)
    -folder 'shares' created on hdd with 777 rights (/media/xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx/shares)

root@HOME-NAS:/# find / -name 'shares'
    /media/57e4dxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-0a08e93xxxxx/shares
    root@HOME-NAS:/#

I have managed to install ajaxplorer to USB stick, but when I would like to create new repository which is pointing to folder 'shares' on the hdd I get an error message 'selected repository path ... doesn't exist'. When I set create option to true then the folder has been created on the USB stick but I don't want that because of the low capacity.
    I have tried to set path many ways without luck.
    like:
    AJXP_INSTALL_PATH/../media/...
    ../media/...
    /media/...

Am I doing something wrong or is there a way to create repository on a different drive (not where the ajaxplorer installed -in my case USB-)?

Every help would be much appreciated.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!