SELinux bootup error message

• Offizieller Beitrag

That is expected. sudo grep -v '#' /etc/selinux/semanage.conf

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

That is what my system looks like. Is this actually causing any problems? You could add selinux=0 to GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT in /etc/default/grub if it is causing problems or bothering you.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• ryecoaaron, I was just curious as to why it just suddenly showed up since I haven't installed anything on my OMV server in a very long time and the only thing I do to it are updates.

The other day, it was the first time I rebooted my system in over 4 months. That's when I noticed that error message.

Looking at /etc/default/grub, this is my GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet".

• Offizieller Beitrag

Looking at /etc/default/grub, this is my GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet".

Yep, that is normal. If you want the selinux warning to go away, add selinux=0 to that and run update-grub.

The other day, it was the first time I rebooted my system in over 4 months. That's when I noticed that error message.

My servers are headless and I don't watch them boot. If I'm not having problems, I don't go looking for messages.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I updated the grub file, /etc/default/grub, to have command selinux=0 in line, GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet selinux=0".

Make sure to run sudo update-grub after making any change to /etc/default/grub.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Just for adding information.

I am doing tests in a vm and I have received the exact same message as the OP.

The only thing this vm has installed is omvextras, openmediavault-kernel and the proxmox 5.19 kernel.

I haven't even configured anything else in the GUI other than the fixed IP on the network interface.

The only extraordinary action has been to try to make a script run at startup using crontab -e and adding the corresponding line to the generated file.

It is a clean installation.

The interesting thing is that Selinux is installed and with the same configuration in /etc/selinux/semanage.conf

• Make sure to run sudo update-grub after making any change to /etc/default/grub.

Same problem here.

And not solved : I put "selinux=0" to the line, updated Grub and rebooted and still the error message.

Main problem : all connections disabled, I can"t SSH ord access WebUI :/

Only using monitor+keyboard on the machine.

So I solved doing this :

- selinux=0 is not working, "getenforce" is not here.
    Why ? Because... selinux is not installed.

Yes, it is real : OMV needs a policy file which is not existing.

I then installed selinux-policy-dev package to see the result.

It succeed... not totally but it created /etc/selinux/config file.

I edited this file and changed SELINUX=permissive to SELINUX=disabled

And then reboot : no more error, all ok and "getenforce" tells me that SELINUX is disabled.

Not so cool but I didn't changed anything else and it is solved now.

• Offizieller Beitrag

So, you installed selinux and configured a policy to remove a warning. I will stick with the warning.

• With warning on, it keeps looking at a file which is not here and then all connections are disabled : you can't SSH, use docker/container and access them on LAN, etc.

You can't even ping the server.

• Offizieller Beitrag

With warning on, it keeps looking at a file which is not here and then all connections are disabled : you can't SSH, use docker/container and access them on LAN, etc.

You can't even ping the server.

You must have something going on. I have seen plenty of people who have the message and nothing is wrong. SELinux can't be causing a problem when the service isn't installed. The lib is installed but that isn't enough to cause a problem.

• You might be right.

But installing and disabling SELinux seems to solve the problem :P

And I don't remind that the error message was here before but as you said : I don't look at server booting when all is ok.

I might try to uninstall/remove selinux but if problem still occurs after... I don't know where to look at.

• I just wanted to say that I'm also getting this message upon reboot or startup. I have an Odroid HC2 with Debian Bullseye and OMV 6. It's annoying because it just sits there for a few minutes and I can't ssh in or do anything until it finally moves past. It does this any time I reboot.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I just wanted to say that I'm also getting this message upon reboot or startup. I have an Odroid HC2 with Debian Bullseye and OMV 6. It's annoying because it just sits there for a few minutes and I can't ssh in or do anything until it finally moves past. It does this any time I reboot.

OMV isn't enabling this. Armbian is. I would report this on the Armbian forum.

• I went into the same issue today and this fixed my problem, "selinux=0" not working for me too.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!