Snapraid "FIX" problems

• Hi. Need some help.

Im testing Snapraid with Openmediavault6. My actual config is:

\dev\sdb 1.5tb (data) (name: media1)

\dev\sdc 4.0tb (parity)

\dev\sdd 2.0tb (data) (name: media2)

To test the system, I simulate a drive fail (1.5tb) and change to a new 2.0tb. My goal is to know how to proceed in case of failure of a data drive:

1. Installed all drives

2. Copied some files do both HD

3. Sync

4. Scrub

I set data with content and data checkbox in OMV plugin. And parity with just parity checkbox.

Captura-de-Tela-137.png

Turned off the computer, remove 1.5tb and installed a 2.0 new one, blank.

In Snapraid plugin I had to create a new filesystem (XFS) for new 2.0tb hdd, changed media1 from old drive to new one:

Captura-de-Tela-136.png

Runned FIX by omv (I tried too with wetty) and looks like It fixed. In windows network folder, I can see the files.

Captura-de-Tela-139.png

BUT.....

It´s just two movie files to test, and when I run, it fails in VLC. If I try to copy, rename or anything with the file, I can´t due a network permission.

Captura-de-Tela-140.png

I checked shared folders, smb and everything is ok! media2 hdd is fine, media1 (the fixed drive) I cant acess in windows anymore. All configs are the same, only difference is the snapraid.

Anyone had a clue?

• Offizieller Beitrag

To test the system, I simulate a drive fail (1.5tb) and change to a new 2.0tb. My goal is to know how to proceed in case of failure of a data drive:

I haven't used snapraid for a long time, so I'm not the best person to answer, I guess gderf will help you much better than me. But here you have a document that crashtest is preparing that may solve some doubts. Be careful, this document is still being drafted, take it with tweezers.

docs_in_draft:snapraid [omv-extras.org]

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!