Daily Anacron email

• Lately I have been getting daily cron email messages for Anancron that I do not understand. In the body of the email it mentions that it is checking for Btrfs file systems which I don't use. This is the message...

I would like to stop these from happening if possible.

• See this thread:

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• chente

Hat das Label gelöst hinzugefügt.
  • This issue is marked "resolved" but I still am getting daily Anacron emails for the other items in the list...

Code
    openmediavault-check_locked_users
    openmediavault-check_ssl_cert_expiry
    openmediavault-pending_config_changes

I assume I need to create env variables for all these too but I'm not sure what the syntax would be. Using the BTRFS env variable example I came up with...

Code
    OMV_LOCKED_USERS_ERROR_CHECK_ENABLED="NO"
    OMV_SSL_CERT_EXPIRY_ERROR_CHECK_ENABLED="NO"
    OMV_PENDING_CONFIG_CHANGES_ERROR_CHECK_ENABLED="NO"

It seems to me that if I only got Anacron email messages for actual "errors" I wouldn't have to go through this.

Is there a way to configure Anacron to only send messages if there are errors?

• chente

Hat das Label gelöst entfernt.
    • Offizieller Beitrag

OMV_LOCKED_USERS_ERROR_CHECK_ENABLED="NO"

OMV_SSL_CERT_EXPIRY_ERROR_CHECK_ENABLED="NO"

OMV_PENDING_CONFIG_CHANGES_ERROR_CHECK_ENABLED="NO"

I am afraid these variables do not exist and you cannot create them. They will have no effect.

• Throwing my hat on the pile here. I have no problem with getting error notifications, so long as I can decide that they don't matter to me and then I can turn them off. I don't use BTRFS, I'm the only user on the system, I don't use internal SSL certificates for anything, and the pending-config yellow banner is annoying enough that I always apply changes anyhow.

Please make a way to disable the annoying messages. Preferably via the Notifications section under System, instead of having to go into CLI and adding environment variables. I would really, really rather not have to go in and delete cron.daily files every time OMV updates.

• vcruser

Hat das Label gelöst hinzugefügt.
  • I was getting a daily Anacron e-mail with something along the lines of the following:

Code
    /etc/cron.daily/openmediavault-check_btrfs_errors:
    Performing an error check on Btrfs file systems.
    /etc/cron.daily/openmediavault-check_ssl_cert_expiry:
    Perform a check for expired SSL certificates.
    /etc/cron.daily/openmediavault-pending_config_changes:
    Checking for pending configuration changes.

This morning it's much shorter:

Code
    /etc/cron.weekly/openmediavault-scrub_btrfs:
    Performing a scrub on Btrfs file systems.

To note this only appeared to start on 25 March, and has been daily since. Nothing prior to that, since Sept '22 when I had an SSL certificate expiry warning

• Apologies - I'm only capable of following (very!) simple commands - what do I need to run in CLI to delete the file?

If I look under 'locate' I can find both weekly and monthly entries for the scrub command, and also a daily check for errors (amongst 97 entries that refer to btrfs)

• Offizieller Beitrag

I'm only capable of following (very!) simple commands - what do I need to run in CLI to delete the file?

rm /etc/cron.weekly/openmediavault-scrub_btrfs

linux rm - Google Suche

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!