FTP Execute permision needed

• Hi

I need the files to be created with execute permision for an backup system (If i change the permision after is created the backup system give me an error). I know that for security openmediavault disable the permision but my software force me to have it enabled. It is posible to change this configuration?

Thanks

• Offizieller Beitrag

I know that for security openmediavault disable the permision but my software force me to have it enabled. It is posible to change this configuration?

OMV doesn't set noexec on filesystems anymore. If you have an old OMV created filesystem, you will need to edit the database to remove noexec from the mount options. Just make sure to backup the omv database (/etc/openmediavault/config.xml) before making changes.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Thanks

I update via command line with "apt-get update && apt-get dist-upgrade && omv-update" to version 6.3.12-1 but now i cant use or install FTP plugin. The answer is "Unable to answer media swap."

• Offizieller Beitrag

I update via command line with "apt-get update && apt-get dist-upgrade && omv-update" to version 6.3.12-1 but now i cant use or install FTP plugin. The answer is "Unable to answer media swap."

You should've run sudo omv-salt deploy run fstab after changing the database. But to fix the ftp issue, you need to install the ftp plugin since it has been separated. install it from the Plugins tab.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Hi

I did it but i cant dowload the plugin because i dont have a DNS configure in the net interface (I see you answer this in another post). I tried to set a DNS but a pop up error shows saying:

Thanks alot for your help

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!