Problems with shared folder

• Hello, I'm new to OMV. When I enter the network (local) and try to access a shared folder, it prompts for a login. But then my user remains logged in and I can't switch to another user. I have to restart the PC to be prompted for login with another user. I want it to ask for login to access other (or the same) folder, validate it, allow access, and when I exit that folder and try to enter again, it should ask for login again. Basically, I want to test a user with full permissions and another user with read-only access for a school project. How can I achieve this? Because the only way to log out is by shutting down the PC. Even if I try to access it from another PC on the network, I get the error message "Multiple connections to a server or shared resource... Disconnect all previous connections to the server or shared resource and try again." Thank you very much for your time, I'm really just starting with all this.

Sin-t-tulo hosted at ImgBB
    Bild Sin-t-tulo in Nicolás Cabreras Bilder Album
    ibb.co

• KM0201

Hat das Thema freigeschaltet.
    • Offizieller Beitrag

I don't use Windows, but I believe this is just how windows works with SMB credentials. You can't be logged in as 2 different users to SMB shares, and I'm assuming it stores your login until you logout.

I know Linux can easily do what you're asking.. but Windows I don't think so.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I don't use Windows, but I believe this is just how windows works with SMB credentials

Correct, that's the one PIA of Windows, what the OP is trying to do makes sense except MS doesn't believe it's necessary, you login to the same share as different users on different machines, but not on the same machine.

Nicokest

Open a PowerShell as Admin and type net use, this will list network paths you are connected too including the folder, once you find the relevant one run;

net use \\networkpath\ folder /DELETE -> press enter, this should log you out from the network you're connected too

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!