No nameservers in OMV 6 installation

• I'm running OMV 6 on Proxmox. I'm currently unable to access any nameservers. The file /etc/resolv.conf shows no nameservers listed. I cannot add any directly to this file, and the resolvconf service does not appear to be installed. (I can't download it to install because apt can't resolve debian.org)

Has anyone else had problems with nameservers on OMV? How do I add some nameservers?

Thanks,

Eric

• Offizieller Beitrag

OMV is using systemd-resolved for DNS resolution.

If no DNS servers are set this sounds like you are using static IP and no DHCP. In that case go to the network interface page and add the dns server per interface. The nice thing in systemd-resolved is that you are able to use different DNS servers per nic.

• Thanks, that helps. I can now ping 8.8.8.8 (which I couldn't before). The file /etc/resolv.conf still shows no nameservers listed. Also, I cannot do apt update. The update feature in OMV doesn't seem to connect to the server either (i.e., no suggested updates ever appear) Any suggestions?

• mn124700

Hat das Label gelöst hinzugefügt.
  • votdev

Hat das Label OMV 6.x hinzugefügt.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!