Another Compose 500 error

• I just wanted to upgrade my portainer. I couldn't find the old docker location so I read up and it seems I need to update to this new compose. It errored while saving the storage settings so I started again. Followed the "enable docker in ovm-extras" I cleated APT and enabled backports because that was mentioned on one 500 thread.

Now I am getting the following when I am trying to reinstall the OMV-compose plugin. I am on a Pi4.

• When I try and remove it

• Docker update needed an additional element added to one of the configs for storage. I think a rebuild is going to be needed, I have it limping along at the moment

• Offizieller Beitrag

Docker update needed an additional element added to one of the configs for storage. I think a rebuild is going to be needed, I have it limping along at the moment

What are the folders you have configured in the GUI in Services>Compose>Settings?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Before the upgrade did you have docker installed in /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-....../DockerApps?

• It was the deamon.json file that needed editing but there was a flag you could put on the config file (I can't find it now I am a newb with Linux) which needed something added.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I did I believe.

Have you ever changed the docker installation path in the past? Or was the default path /var/lib/docker?

• Offizieller Beitrag

That path is on a WINDOWS filesystem.

I don't see anything in the logs that indicates the existence of an NTFS drive.

lozsta Do you have any NTFS disk in your system?

• Have you ever changed the docker installation path in the past? Or was the default path /var/lib/docker?

It was in the OVM extras section before just standard "install docker" then the updates and there were obviously changes mentioned from docker and OMV. I will move most of the functions to my new NAS soon so plex will run on there.

• Offizieller Beitrag

It was in the OVM extras section before just standard "install docker" then the updates and there were obviously changes mentioned from docker and OMV. I will move most of the functions to my new NAS soon so plex will run on there.

Well. I don't know why you changed that path manually, but I think if you follow that post you might solve your problem. RE: omv-extras 6.3 / openmediavault-compose 6.7

Replace the path with the default /var/lib/docker and follow the instructions.

• Even if has worked, you shouldn't use a Windows FS on a Linux running system for services (docker in this case)

And why it works is because all docker root folders and subfolders are owned by root:root

Your system, your decisions

• Offizieller Beitrag

Even if has worked, you shouldn't use a Windows FS on a Linux running system for services (docker in this case)

I still don't see what you're basing yourself on to say that this is NTFS. Open my eyes please :)

• I still don't see what you're basing yourself on to say that this is NTFS. Open my eyes please :)

See the UUID!!!

• Offizieller Beitrag

See the UUID!!!

okay. Now yes. ^^

Thanks!

However if he do what I told him, it will go to /var/lib/docker so it should work just fine, ... unless he runs out of space in the future.

That is the reason why it is necessary to read from time to time. https://wiki.omv-extras.org/doku.php?id=omv6:docker_in_omv

But as you say, each one to make their decisions. The OP is already warned and informed.

• The Docker originally was meant to be running on the SD card inside but that changed with the update and the externall HDD I use for storage on this device ended up as the app runner.

Like I said I am a newb to linux, use it at the enterprise level but most of that has plenty of paper work with it but my home rig has only recently become linux. I will get there. Like I said I think a rebuild with the media on my NAS and my Pi just serving the pihole would be best.

• Offizieller Beitrag

The Docker originally was meant to be running on the SD card inside but that changed with the update and the externall HDD I use for storage on this device ended up as the app runner.

If it was originally on the internal SD the update does not change that. If that route appears in the GUI it is because you have modified it, for some reason.

In any case, do not worry, follow the steps that I told you before and you will be able to recover it.

If you have any problems post again.

Like I said I am a newb to linux, use it at the enterprise level but most of that has plenty of paper work with it but my home rig has only recently become linux. I will get there. Like I said I think a rebuild with the media on my NAS and my Pi just serving the pihole would be best.

If you are going to rebuild and want to start from scratch you can follow the link I published in the post #17

By the way, don't use windows filesystems on linux, it will only cause you problems, use EXT4 or BTRFS or whatever you want, but native linux.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!