UnionFileSystem: set a Disk to read only

• Hi,

i want to change a disk. Is there a way to set a disk in a UnionFileSystem to "Read only"? I want to do this with the old disk and move than all files from this disk to the UnionFilesystem.

Greetings

da_user

• chente

Approved the thread.
    • Official Post

Is there a way to set a disk in a UnionFileSystem to "Read only"?

Take the disk out of the union filesystem pool. Then copy files from it to the pool.

omv 7.4.0-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.14 | compose 7.2.1 | k8s 7.2.0-1 | cputemp 7.0.2 | mergerfs 7.0.5 | scripts 7.0.8

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Hi,

Yes, thats an alternate way.

But at this way i have to take the data out of my Pool, and there runs some Docker-Containers with synced data, nextcloud, resiliosync and so on.

So i think the better way will be to make the disk read-only. But when there is not the posibillity to do this, your way is the bester.

So: is there a posibillity to make the disk read-only?

• No. You seemingly want the disk simultaneously writeable and non-writeable. But...

Move your container data?

Mount the FS allowing only docker user, ie. mount -o umask=...?

chattr +i everything non-docker user?

• No. You seemingly want the disk simultaneously writeable and non-writeable. But...

yes... a little bit ;)

writeable in the omv-Filesystem, non-writeable in the UFS.

But maybe i mount it in the omv-filesystem non-writeable and copy the data manual to the disks. What does UFS at duplicate files?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!